Lesson learned hard way - bet they won't do that again!

This is a discussion on Lesson learned hard way - bet they won't do that again! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I suppose I can laugh at this since a firearm wasn't involved(thankfully), but this really is FUNNY. I bet they won't do that again! "...Hey ...

Thread: Lesson learned hard way - bet they won't do that again!

Lesson learned hard way - bet they won't do that again!

I suppose I can laugh at this since a firearm wasn't involved(thankfully), but this really is FUNNY. I bet they won't do that again!

"...Hey guys. Look at this! I don't know what it is, but let's spray it all over ourselves!
    owweee...."

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/25034186/detail.html

Kids Mistake Pepper Spray For Perfume
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

OUr future leaders, God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by justjim View Post
    OUr future leaders, God help us all.
    It's not so terrible.
    The story sates they were "8- and 9-year-olds".
    Kids at that age generally are still learning how to read story books...Nevr mind be able to understand the words 'pepper Spry' or what ever might have been printed on the canister.

This is an easy mistake to make for a child
    Bigger more important question is where dd this product come from, to wind up in childrens hands.?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    It's not so terrible.
    The story sates they were "8- and 9-year-olds".
    Kids at that age generally are still learning how to read story books...Nevr mind be able to understand the words 'pepper Spry' or what ever might have been printed on the canister.

This is an easy mistake to make for a child
    Bigger more important question is where dd this product come from, to wind up in childrens hands.?

- Janq
    I dunno, by 8 or 9 they know darn well not to reach up and touch the stove plate/burner because it's hot. There's no reason an 8 or 9 year old can't be taught not to spray, molest, or otherwise use on themselves as a guinea pig, random items that they find laying about in the street.
    I did some pretty stupid things as a child, but really?

Anecdotal: I grew up in/around Brooklyn, Curtis Bay, and Brooklyn Park, Baltimore MD during my formative years. Most of the places we lived had alleyways between the rows of homes. All of said alleyways were always full of used drug needles every morning no matter how many times a street sweeper went through each week. Most of us kids played and or walked to school via same alleys. None of us kids ever thought it was a bright idea to pick up these used needles and attempt to play doctor on ourselves.

It's a simple concept that can and should be taught to all minors(and most adults for that matter)...
    If you find something and can't positively identify it, or it is NOT yours, do not touch it and most importantly DO NOT USE IT ON YOUR SELF!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Ahh MaCe'
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

They probably read the back where it was written in French...............L'eau de scorchee
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Experience is a most unforgiving teacher, doubt they will make a similar mistake again.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I remember being 8 and 9 and I never picked up a can of anything and sprayed it on me,but then again I had parents around 24/7 to teach me after school
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links