Drug cartel had "spotter" living in cave in Pinal County, AZ

This is a discussion on Drug cartel had "spotter" living in cave in Pinal County, AZ within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.azfamily.com/news/Arizona...102990959.html...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug cartel had "spotter" living in cave in Pinal County, AZ

Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

It's way past time to close the borders,warn Mexico that any Illegal crossings will be met with deadly force,sniper teams should be deployed in hot spots,Anybody entering the USA Illegally is a threat to our security
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Completely agree
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It's way past time to close the borders,warn Mexico that any Illegal crossings will be met with deadly force,sniper teams should be deployed in hot spots,Anybody entering the USA Illegally is a threat to our security
    I like that idea, That 50cal Barret has a way of closing down any unwanted traffic.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

It is a down right crying shame......unforgivable for not shutting the border down. Close it lock it, wield it shut!

Step one - secure the border. Lou Dobbs has been saying that over and over again, for years.

What is so danged hard about securing the border?

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Works for me but I wouldn't expect any action to close the boarder with the current president. The quickest we might get some action on this front will be Jan 20, 2013. If enough people decide to actually vote for representatives and a president that will listen to the will of the people there may be some hope.

Oh but that "spotter" is just doing a job that us Americans won't do.

If I say anymore I'll get banned for inappropriate language, as I think I've made my position clear on how I feel about illegal aliens in various other post.

Biker

The SPOTTER should be a US military person with a Barret. i get so disgusted with the news media who do not report what is happening on our border. Living down here on the border I get news of happenings that never hit the national news. I send email to friend up north who cannot believe what is happening and they say they do not get this news up there. What a surprise!!!

D.C. still controls what is made public..... the only way to change it is in November. Get out and vote.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

Here's my email to a shooting buddy back east. We've both been through Pat Roger's EAG courses and he just did a Storm Mountain long-range rifle course this summer. Casa Grande is where we did the EAG courses and it's an easy drive from where I live:

"This is a situation that would seriously challenge my ability to stay on the right side of the law.

"Here’s a guy camping out in a cave on high ground. With your spotting scope you can see him looking down on your area.

"My challenge would be to keep myself from launching a couple of rounds from low ground, just to let him know someone is looking back. Perfect opportunity for some long-range target practice. Maybe start by lobbing a few .22s in howitzer mode, just to get his attention. More than 300 yards away, he wouldn’t even hear the report. Wouldn’t take much to set up a 10/22 with a high-angle bipod mount, y’ know? Even at night, he wouldn’t see the muzzle flash. Just get him jumping around a little bit with some 40-grainers raining around his position. Then when his back is turned, torch off a .338 Lapua or a .50 BMG, aimed to hit about 5 feet away. And if there’s, well, a little “collateral damage”… “Honest, officer, I thought I saw a mountain lion prowling up there”… then show him your current AZ hunting license with the $10 mountain lion stamp affixed.

"Can you imagine how much fun we could have annoying that guy with the right toys? Heck, we could even have XXX_ZZZ (Pinal County LEO/SWAT team friend) drop on over for some fun."

My buddy has yet to unlimber his Barrett Light Fifty at anything over 250 yards...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

That suspect was identified as Hiram Rendon-Rios, 23, a Mexican national working as a spotter for a drug cartel. He was living in the cave and had a supply of food, communications equipment, clothing and binoculars. He was deported back to Mexico.

Wow! They really threw the book at him...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The government could turn unemployment around if they hired some people to work the borders. How many of us here on the site wouldn't jump at the chance to fire away as others have said at someone trying to cross? I could imagine hundreds of thousand applicants for the jobs.
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

It's way past time to close the borders,warn Mexico that any Illegal crossings will be met with deadly force,sniper teams should be deployed in hot spots, Anybody entering the USA Illegally is a threat to our security
    That fact seems to escape most of those we temporarily send to the capitol to administer the business of this country. It's certainly a serious threat to anyone within 100mi of the southern border. With the war for the drug dollars raging just on the other side, it's a wonder that thousands more haven't been caught up in the spill-over.

As for the long-term risk, imagine how many "plants" have been sent to await orders for upcoming operations, whether that be related to the drug trade, simply bolstering regional crime gangs, or affiliated with terrorist organizations. It must be in the multiple thousands and beyond, given the years over which this sieve of a "border" has operated this badly.

I wonder what the status is of the use of satellite surveillance for monitoring of the southern, "illegals/cartels-only" zone, drone surveillance aircraft, electronic sensing in known high-traffic zones. While it might be a manpower issue to stop each and every interdiction, given the hardware that exists it simply can't be that hard to identify when traffic is moving. Once a high-traffic zone is found, seriously lock it down with walls, sensors, manpower; then, go on to the next high-traffic zone until it's shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    That suspect was identified as Hiram Rendon-Rios, 23, a Mexican national working as a spotter for a drug cartel. He was living in the cave and had a supply of food, communications equipment, clothing and binoculars. He was deported back to Mexico.

Wow! They really threw the book at him...
    Turn style prosecution. In one ear, out the other. In one border, out the other ... all without serving one stinking moment of time PAYING for what he caused to be done. It can't be that bloody difficult to charge and convict for providing material assistance, at minimum, to a terrorist or drug related operation; or, spying, at best, involving death as the penalty. It's time we boost such penalties beyond simply getting a coach class ticket back home. Get caught enabling the flow of drugs across the borders? Death if convicted, permanently removed from the chain. See ya, bub. Saves the cost of a plane ticket and a lifetime of "three squares" a day.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    He was deported! I'm surprised Obama didn't give him amnesty.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

3D

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Step one - secure the border. Lou Dobbs has been saying that over and over again, for years.
    -
    [1] Actually, I've watched Lou Dobbs say that nightly for a decade!! . . . (and now he's not around anymore is he?).

[2] "What is so danged hard about securing the border?"____GOOD QUESTION! . . . since we taxpayers are paying various forms of our military to effectively secure borders all over the world. Makes me go to the next question - WHAT IS THE U.S. GOVERNMENT'S MOTIVE FOR NOT SECURING IT'S OWN BORDERS??? This has been an issue for more than 25 years! Neither party, nor any president has resolved this. I believe they could. So I gotta wonder just who is it in this country that benefits enough and is powerful enough to keep it from being secured?

Not to mention that same U. S. Federal Government sues the governor of this very state to overturn enacted laws which begin to resolve border breaching by illegals . .WHAT IS THE U.S. GOVERNMENT'S MOTIVE FOR THAT???

gasmitty's buddy may be our only hope!
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links