2 masked home invaders taken care of in the good ol' FL! - Page 2

2 masked home invaders taken care of in the good ol' FL!

This is a discussion on 2 masked home invaders taken care of in the good ol' FL! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video interview with Police: http://video.tbo.com/m/34349022/home...hot.htm?q=polk Cop makes good point....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 masked home invaders taken care of in the good ol' FL!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Video interview with Police: http://video.tbo.com/m/34349022/home...hot.htm?q=polk

Cop makes good point.
    For God, Family and Country!

A couple of questions come to mind...why would the police search the home? If someone broke into my home and I shot them, I would most certainly object to a subsequent search of my premises. Two, how much and what kind of "narcotics" were found in the home? 20 lbs of weed? 20 kilos of coke? Or three joints? Huge difference. Lastly, these kids seem awful young to plan a burglary for the express purpose of robbing a big-time drug dealer. I'm curious if the homeowner has any kids. Perhaps a "Hey, I hear so and so's parents smoke weed, maybe we can break in and steal some?" type thing. I don't know, but the article leaves a lot of questions...as they typically do.

There is a law called plain sight rule,While entering the home to investigate the shooting,if they see any drugs or paraphernalia they can get a warrant to search for drugs.Sounds like they may have been dealing dope and kids didn't think anybody would be home at noon while they broke in and helped themselves
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would think in the course of an investigation of a home invasion...searching the house to make sure the story of the home owner's fit would only make sense...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Right on wolf.

I am wondering if he used a 40, 10mm, or 45acp would the story been 2 shot dead on the spot. It goes to show 9mm or less is weak sauce. Thats why my wife even knows she carries a 40 cal minimum.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Right on wolf.

I am wondering if he used a 40, 10mm, or 45acp would the story been 2 shot dead on the spot. It goes to show 9mm or less is weak sauce. Thats why my wife even knows she carries a 40 cal minimum.
    I must have missed the part where the mentioned he used a 9mm?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Video interview with Police: http://video.tbo.com/m/34349022/home...hot.htm?q=polk

Cop makes good point.
    I believe you're refering to this....... ""When you're woken from a dead sleep with a masked intruder, you don't have time to ask, 'How old are you and are you dangerous?' Because, as a victim, if you do that, you'll be a dead victim," Sheriff Grady Judd said." Very good point indeed.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I must have missed the part where the mentioned he used a 9mm?
    Indeed, I missed that part as well. Please point me to it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I would think in the course of an investigation of a home invasion...searching the house to make sure the story of the home owner's fit would only make sense...
    No way. Imagine it happened to you. Would you then think the police were justified in searching YOUR home, rifling through your closets, drawers, desks, etc? You didn't do anything wrong...there's no PC to search YOUR house simply because criminals targeted it.

Senior Moderator
    The burglar who was shot in the head has died. His accomplices are being charged with felony murder.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Right on wolf.

If he'd be shooting a .40, 10mm, or .45, not only would the 2 been dead on the spot, but the whole wall of the house would have been blown down on top of the other two accomplices, and the concussion would have killed their goldfish.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    No way. Imagine it happened to you. Would you then think the police were justified in searching YOUR home, rifling through your closets, drawers, desks, etc? You didn't do anything wrong...there's no PC to search YOUR house simply because criminals targeted it.
    unless they have reason to believe you were specifically targeted for a reason...like...a surviving BG saying they came to steal drugs?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

unless they have reason to believe you were specifically targeted for a reason...like...a surviving BG saying they came to steal drugs?
    I still have a problem with it. I don't care what he came to steal, whether I had it or not, still no right to search my home as a result of the BGs actions. So, someone breaks into your home, gets shot, then tells the police he came for drugs. That would convince the police and a judge that a search warrant needs to be executed on your home? The word of someone who has already been proven untrustworthy? Outrageous, IMO. If that's really happening, it's flat out wrong. The BG could say anything. Doesn't mean his word his good. And I don't think a citizen's home needs to be searched "just in case" the BG is telling the truth.

A "teenager" here convinced another one to do a burglary of a teacher's house. That was not his real intent. They snuck into the bedroom while the teacher and his wife were sleeping... at that point he told the other guy to either shoot one of them, or he would shoot him...... then he would shoot the other one. He wanted to know what it was like "to kill someone".

This was 30 + yrs ago.

that teenager had been to his probation officer's office trying to get their address to "send them a card" just 1 day prior to this murder. A person I know quite well. He did the same related to others, and could not get the addresses he wanted. He was "picking " his victim. He was an extremely COLD person, no emotions, and highly manipulative of people....

A newspaper article came out and a reporter was arguing for his release on parole and how stupid it was to continue to hold him in prison, wrote how great a guy he was, and how this was "an accidental shooting during a burglary". He was pushing for people to support "the cause" . I called the reporter and had a heart to heart talk with him, a quite blunt and honest one (quite civil discussion).... telling him "details" he was not aware of in this case, and of "this guy". I also gave him several names to verify every single thing I was telling him. He called me back 2 days later saying he would never write another article or anything else in support of this jerk getting parole.

Don't under-estimate anything because the above mentions "teenagers" ... . they can be quite deadly.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    If he'd be shooting a .40, 10mm, or .45, not only would the 2 been dead on the spot, but the whole wall of the house would have been blown down on top of the other two accomplices, and the concussion would have killed their goldfish.
    Someone had to say it! Someone pass the popcorn!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links