Good- Husband saves wife from armed robber in NC (merged)

This is a discussion on Good- Husband saves wife from armed robber in NC (merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What's this world coming to? Mt Airey NC is the town that Mayberry was fashioned from in the Andy Griffith TV Shows. I'll bet Barney ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good- Husband saves wife from armed robber in NC (merged)

What's this world coming to? Mt Airey NC is the town that Mayberry was fashioned from in the Andy Griffith TV Shows.
    I'll bet Barney would have patted him on the back too!

But I have to say, it would be hard for me to shoot the BG three times after he tried to shoot my wife while I watched.
    I'm afraid I'd have emptied my clip into him from his knees to his head.

No Rocket Socks for you Bad Boy.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Wow.

- Janq
    And once again Janq pulls off another long, drawn out explanation in great detail that gets us all thinking. LOL j/k Janq.

So not to change the subject, but I've noticed another very recent thread regarding the "carrying chambered" thing. In the demo of what the BG did during his attempted robbery is yet another reason to carry chambered for future reference. It looks like he was busy trying to load his gun while the GG emptied some rounds in him. +1 for GG carrying chambered!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

What, no head shot? Got to work in that "2 CoM, 1 H"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My wife and I often stop and this station for gas when going to the city. The husband always sits to the side and chats with the customers when his wife works. I am glad they are both ok. For those that want to knock his shooting ability, let me just say it is totally different shooting at a target when they also have a weapon in their hand. Sure I wish he would have killed this slime ball and saved the tax payers of NC millions of dollars. But he did good and stopped the threat and I am darn proud of him and I will let him know I am the next time I see him.

Here is the best part of the story, this was a quote from our Sheriff Atkinson:
    Of the man’s response, Atkinson said, “I hope that it sends a really strong message to anyone that’s thinking about going out and doing something stupid that there are people out there who are legally carrying firearms and that they have the right to protect themselves or another person.”

NCH
    Last edited by NCHornet; September 23rd, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

The guy did good, three hits on the bad guy that stopped the attack and he didn't get his wife hurt. We'll see just how accurate you might be when the adrenaline dump hits.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    The guy did good, three hits on the bad guy that stopped the attack and he didn't get his wife hurt. We'll see just how accurate you might be when the adrenaline dump hits.
    Exactly what I was saying. See how many 10 rings you hit when that 10 ring has a gun and is able to return fire!!! But many of the armchair commando's think they are in a game of Halo.
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Not only did he respond with accuracy, but also alacrity

WOW.... everyone should read / watch this one. He rushed in .... 'click, racked slide".... and then got shot by husband. How many seconds did that take ? It sure could not have been much, but so much for cooperating with a robber theory, huh. It's good it the robber didn't have a round chambered initially.

Wonder if his wife is now glad her husband has a CCH , that he was there, and if she'll consider getting her license now if she doesn't have one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    WOW.... everyone should read / watch this one. He rushed in .... 'click, racked slide".... and then got shot by husband. How many seconds did that take ? It sure could not have been much, but so much for cooperating with a robber theory, huh. It's good it the robber didn't have a round chambered initially.
    Very true. Even so, it is amazing how often the need for speed is met with less than enthusiasm, if it is brought up.

Sure it would have been great if they got to put a chalk outline around the BG in the door of the store. But I have to say that reacting to that situation and getting 3 shots in the BG in what, less than 30 seconds from the sounds of it is getting the job done. Good for him. 3 hits on a moving BG with a gun aimed at your wife is a superb job in my book. Even better that the BG did not get any rounds off.

And this is not the first NC sheriff to say something similar after a defensive shooting this year. Some of our laws may be crap, but the people in general are pro gun and pro self defense. Now we need to work on our legislators.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I would suggest that it was likely more like five seconds total from the time the husband initiated his action until it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I would suggest that it was likely more like five seconds total from the time the husband initiated his action until it was over.
    I'm being generous, and figuring in entry, click, rack slide, bang, bang, bang. Whatever it was, it was fast and furious I'm sure. I know folks love COM, and that is the ideal. But anytime bullet meets BG flesh in this type of incident, it's a good thing.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    It sounds like the guy fully intended to kill someone. Not just incidental to the robbery, but it sounds like he fully intended to take someone's life that day. Lucky the husband was there, and very lucky the gun misfired.
    So much for the mantra of the anti's: "Don't resist, give them what they want, they will just go away."
    Riiiiiight ...
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Give that man a medal! I hope the wife is not too shaken up to properly reward him...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Sure it would have been great if they got to put a chalk outline around the BG in the door of the store. But I have to say that reacting to that situation and getting 3 shots in the BG in what, less than 30 seconds from the sounds of it is getting the job done. Good for him. 3 hits on a moving BG with a gun aimed at your wife is a superb job in my book. Even better that the BG did not get any rounds off.

And this is not the first NC sheriff to say something similar after a defensive shooting this year. Some of our laws may be crap, but the people in general are pro gun and pro self defense. Now we need to work on our legislators.
    Once again I agree 100%. We defintely have some rediculous CC laws that have been on the books a lot longer than NC has issued CC permits. That is why I support GRNC ( grass roots of North Carolina ) I don't believe anyone is doing more to correct our gun laws than they are.
    Thought I would also mention that the lady and her husband returned to work yesterday. And yes the husband was armed.
    Good guys +1 Bad Guys 0
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links