3rd Time's a charm

3rd Time's a charm

This is a discussion on 3rd Time's a charm within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this on the news yesterday and thought "right on" http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/H...103489234.html There's only so many break-ins that a homeowner will tolerate, and he obviously ...

Thread: 3rd Time's a charm

3rd Time's a charm

I saw this on the news yesterday and thought "right on"

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/H...103489234.html

There's only so many break-ins that a homeowner will tolerate, and he obviously didn't shoot to kill, judging from where the shotgun pellets hit the guy

People commenting have no idea about shotguns
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

"We begin with a case of vigilante crime fighting"... said the idiot TV news anchor. Please...

Not going to second guess the occupant of the home but it seems to be a wound in the buttocks implies the perp was attempting to flee. Might end-up a righteous shooting but I would worry about a civil lawsuit brought by the perp. Not sure what AZ laws are on that but here in CA the same criteria applies... must be in fear for your life. However, we have may too many lawyers. :)

Pushing the door closed from inside? Probably not a good idea for obvious reasons. As soon as they come through the door it should be a disabling blast to the center mass or general chest area, not a blast to the butt.

Hope the gentleman passes the shooting investigation with flying colors. I'm sure the people of AZ are sick of the escalating crime. As well as the LE's there.

-Al

Quote Originally Posted by 50CalAl View Post
    "We begin with a case of vigilante crime fighting"... said the idiot TV news anchor. Please...

Not going to second guess the occupant of the home but it seems to be a wound in the buttocks implies the perp was attempting to flee. Might end-up a righteous shooting but I would worry about a civil lawsuit brought by the perp. Not sure what AZ laws are on that but here in CA the same criteria applies... must be in fear for your life. However, we have may too many lawyers. :)

Pushing the door closed from inside? Probably not a good idea for obvious reasons. As soon as they come through the door it should be a disabling blast to the center mass or general chest area, not a blast to the butt.

Hope the gentleman passes the shooting investigation with flying colors. I'm sure the people of AZ are sick of the escalating crime. As well as the LE's there.

-Al
    If he was pushing the door in with his shoulder he could have been bladed and been shot in the cheek on entering...OR he could have started to turn and run as soon as he saw the shotgun but it was too late.... However it does not matter what actually happened..it matters what they can prove to a jury and what evidence they have.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Sponsored Links