Fatal police shooting during training

This is a discussion on Fatal police shooting during training within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-stor...,7274699.story...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatal police shooting during training

Fatal police shooting during training

Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

2. Remove Ads

They won't need any charges, I doubt that the officer that fired the shot could be hurt any more than he already has been. I pray for the both of them. You have to be very, very careful when handling firearms, especially if you plan on pointing and using them on anyone.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

A very sad story; the whole thing seems wrong, from beginning to end.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Tragic news.
    While we've advanced so much with communication technology, and remote communication, it's still somewhat hard to believe that we cannot seem to communicate effectively while in close proximity with our fellow human beings. Physical interactions have been removed somewhat. Communication starts at the ground floor. Communicating effectively one on one is something that escapes us because we've lost sight.
    The article lists the death on 9-15 but came out today as public? Guessing this was just due to internal investigation. Can't cover up a bad thing forever. Truth be known, officer De Kraai will be covered in dirt for something that shouldn't have happened. Where does the responsibility lie?
    I'm almost sure officer Strong has a burden which should never be lifted. I'll pray for them both. May God help us all.

How tragic! Something that could have been prevented by checking his weapon. How quickly the human brain can forget where it is at. My heart goes out to both of these men and their families.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

GM
    Very sad story.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Could have been prevented by having training guns marked in a way there is no mistake,and magazines floor plates painted hi vis orange and only used for simunitions,also prior to shooting checking the weapon to make sure its load is verified.I see a huge lawsuit coming from the slain officers family
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    This is so tragic. My heart goes out to both families.

Very sad indeed. Simmunitions can only be fired in simmunition guns and they are marked and colored accordingly. Unless on the firing range loaded duty weapons should never be permitted in the training area at any time.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

If you unload your firearm, take your eyes off of it for a second, it is now loaded again.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

: (

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Could have been prevented by having training guns marked in a way there is no mistake,and magazines floor plates painted hi vis orange and only used for simunitions,also prior to shooting checking the weapon to make sure its load is verified.I see a huge lawsuit coming from the slain officers family
    That's why our simunition Glocks have a bright blue frames and the magazines have bright blue floor plates. Like this...
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Sad story...there are lots of sad stories. No one is held accountable for poor judgement? Lack of preparedness?
    My prayers and concerns certainly go out to the officers' families, but someone had a lack of judgement...should nothing happen? I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Call me an extreme skeptic...the entire story sounds "off" to me.

Shame he lost his life.

The news article states that the school building was empty. So, does that mean it was just those two officers inside?

Tragic story, indeed.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links