Another failure of strict gun-control. - Page 2

Another failure of strict gun-control.

This is a discussion on Another failure of strict gun-control. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Re: CA vs. NJ in the view of the brady bunch. At a picnic yesterday, I was talking to someone about the lack of correlation ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    Re: CA vs. NJ in the view of the brady bunch.

At a picnic yesterday, I was talking to someone about the lack of correlation of the brady bunch ranking and our opinions. She pointed out how few points the brady bunch puts on "State Preemption."

She put "State Preemption" right behind being a "Must Issue" State in value to her -- to stop the mine-field of local "gotcha-you" laws, which can vary greatly from local government-to-local government within a State and that can effectively discourage carry by law-abiding citizens.

It tickled me to realize that I have raised that very point myself, but forgot it in this thread. So I thought I'd add it, FWIIW at this late juncture.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

TX scores 9 ... we're gonna have to work on that !!!!! How 'bout Utah with a big fat 0! WTG Utah .... WooooHoooo!
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

VIP Member

Update: Witness account of event.

Witness describes ‘hell’ at NJ party shooting

EAST ORANGE, N.J. — A Seton Hall University student who attended an off-campus house party at which five people were shot said the gunman stood on her back as she lay on the floor and didn’t appear to be targeting anyone during the chaos she described as “hell.”

“He was just shooting he had no intended target,” said a text message from the woman, whose friend was the only person killed.

The woman spoke Sunday by BlackBerry instant messenger on condition of anonymity because she feared for her safety while the shooter remained at large. She said she was too upset to talk over the phone.

She described the Friday night party, which lasted into early Saturday, as a “typical fraternity party” with at least 100 people at the privately owned row house.

Students said the shooter was kicked out of the party when he refused to pay the cover charge.

The woman said she heard a fight erupt before the man was thrown out. Seconds later, she said, he returned with a handgun and started shooting as chaos erupted.
    The university, with its collection of red brick buildings tucked behind a wrought-iron fence, stands in stark contrast to the gritty neighborhood where the party was held a mile away. Just a block from the shooting site, the remains of a memorial for another recent shooting victim could still be seen.

There were at least five shootings in the area this summer, said Rabu Anderson, who owns a clothing store there.
    http://www.wral.com/news/national_wo...story/8353485/
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member

Another update: NJ police charge 2 in fatal college shooting

EAST ORANGE, N.J. (AP) — Police didn't have to look far to find the man they say sprayed gunfire at a crowded weekend party, killing a Seton Hall University student and wounding four other people.

They arrested 25-year-old Nicholas Welch on Monday night at his home, just a few doors away from the off-campus house where the shooting occurred early Saturday. A second man, 19-year-old Marcus Bascus, was still being sought.

Both men were charged with murder, conspiracy and weapons offenses. Police believe Welch was the shooter and that Bascus provided him with the gun, either a .357- or .38-caliber weapon, based on shell casings found at the scene.

Welch was being held on $2 million bail and was expected to make an initial court appearance Tuesday or Wednesday. He "didn't say much of anything" when he was arrested around 9 p.m., Acting Essex County Prosecutor Robert Laurino said at a news conference.
    http://enews.earthlink.net/article/u...2-353061b192a5

.38 or .357 shell casings found at scene?? 357 Sig maybe or autoloading revolver??
    Last edited by msgt/ret; September 28th, 2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Forgot link
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links