This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters - Page 2

This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters

This is a discussion on This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Janq If they had been armed and returned fire, this would be an international incident and they would be left alone to ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    If they had been armed and returned fire, this would be an international incident and they would be left alone to suffer criminal punishment at the hand of the Mexcian govt.
    Mexican law does not allow civilian possession of firearms never mind that of border crossers.
    Same as we here in the US do not support and regularly convict and/or deport same type undocumented border crossing persons that are apprehended and charged of crimes here in the US, and Texas.

- Janq
    Until you pointed it out, I was under the impression that the shooting occurred within the US border...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

The lack of attention to detail has often cost people a tariff that they were unhappy paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    The lack of attention to detail has often cost people a tariff that they were unhappy paying.
    Yup.

When teaching firearms related courses I tell people all the time you gotta know and be aware of _borders_.
    For example as related to civilian carry if you don't know that X or Y bridge, street, rural route or highway leads into a _foreign_ state as adjacent to the one you live n and came from...Well guess what, you are subject to the ways and laws of that state where you now are at and not that of where you might have originated.
    Same goes for hunting...If you walk through the woods or take to waterways (duck season) with a gun and cross borders be it by land or water and go into a bordering _foreign_ state, then you are gonna have major problems and suffer it with no excuses of Oh I got lost or I was just turning around to go home.

It is on ones self to know where they are and how to stay there.
    As with national borders this is especially important because not all neighbors are friendly and accommodating with open arms, cold beer and freshly baked apple pie. : \

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

We're already at war with Mexico in some manners of speaking. A financial war, a drug war, and a national resource war. We've already experienced the single largest illegal invasion by foreign nationals in history.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Sickening. I say put the navy or coast guard to work running PT or swift boats or what ever they call them nowdays up and down the US side with loaded ma duces on the bow and stern and see how many p***y mexican hard asses come out of their rat holes.

Thursday’s incident marks the fifth time since April that boaters have run into trouble on the popular lake. According to the DPS statement, previous attacks include:

April 30: Four heavily armed men boarded two boats near the Old Guerrero area and demanded money. After collecting $200 in cash, the bandits tried to follow the U.S. boats as they sped back to U.S. waters. The bandits stopped once they reached the U.S. boundary.

May 6: Two armed men approached a boat near Marker 14 on the north side of Salado Island on top of the ruins at Old Guerrero. The men demanded money, which the fishermen gave them.

May 16: Five armed men boarded a boat on the United States side of the lake near Marker 7. Investigators have no further information on the incident.

Aug 31: Falcon Lake pirates, in a small boat marked “Game Wardin [sic]” in duct-taped letters, attempted to stop a Texas fisherman. The fisherman's knowledge of previous DPS safety warnings about Falcon Lake and the misspelling of "warden" alerted him something was wrong, and he outran the Mexican vessel to safety.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

GM
    It is bad, but it will get even worse.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Our government is working on a solution to the violence. We will just cede the border areas to Mexico and prevent Americans from going there. No conflict, problem solved - until the border area needs to be extended again, and again, and again.

Falcon Lake is about 80 miles west of my home,there have been several incidents where people fishing on the mexican siide have been robbed at gunpoint by suspected drug cartel members,There have been warnings out about staying on the US side,but you always get people that think it's blown out of proportion and think they have been across several times and nothing happened before,Supposedly these two went over to take pictures of a former town that was submerged when they built Falcon Dam.that may be the case,but then again they have caught people that have brought Illegals and drugs across on Personal Watercraft.
    THIS IS WHY EVEN THO I LIVE 20 MILES FROM THE BORDER MY CAUCASIAN BUTT STAYS IN THE USA,THERE IS NOTHING IN MEXICO WORTH DIEING FOR.EVEN MY HISPANIC FRIENDS DON"T GO TO MEXICO ANYMORE
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

They hiring for Border Patrol Agents? :)

VIP Member
    Key to understanding this is the decision made to cross into the Mexican side of the lake. Apparently the boundary line is reasonably well marked with concrete pillars set along the border line of the Rio Grande before the lake was filled. Or so that is what was reported in our newsy this morning.

As with lots of other stuff in our lives, for example, wandering the streets/bars after midnight, there are things that sensible people just don't do. Going into Mexico is one of them.

This. ^^

And same applies to the other events post made last night by Angry Bill.
    His item of detail toward the events on April 30, May 6 and possibly the Aug. 31 event too were people going into a _foreign country_ without permission by that countrys border patrol (!) and as such they suffered.
    Thats 50%, if not 75% @ 3of 4, of the cited cases written off as simple cases of numbskull.

It's simple folks.; Don't wanna get shot at by water pirates and highwaymen...Stay well inside of the US boundarys and border.
    Those who do not heed the State Dept (!) warnings nor advisory by local US authorities and they go and _trespass_ into foreign lands anyway because ehh I was just gonna...Well you takes yer chances, and you pays your debts eventually.

Mexico today at our borders as widely controlled by criminals might as well be akin to how Bosnia was in the 90s.
    How many fools were interested in crossing over into Bosnian territory and risking their neck, just to take a few pictures or because when they did it the month before nothing untoward had happened.

Fools that have been warned and as adults of the region who should know better.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    It is bad, but it will get even worse.
    Agreed, that is why we need to stop it now
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

This:
    This is a very sad and unfortunate situation, but really this was an event very much avoidable and caused singularly by the choices of the couple themself.
    Lesson to learn: Stay the heck out of and away from Mexico....If you are not Mexican, or involved in illegal commerce & trade.
    If I illegally enter in to Mexico I expect worse that what I would condone for Mexicans illegally entering our country.

Being one that wishes that illegal aliens were shot on sight, not out of blood lust but rather out of frustration for the economic hardships they have brought the border region, crime levels, and lack of respect for our sovereignty and borders, I would expect the same from mexicans defending their homeland.

It's real simple folks, Mexico is a great place, for Mexicans. I'll stay in America, which is a great place for Americans. If you go to a "bad" place, don't be suprised if "bad" things happen.

Biker

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Heck this is just a distraction. about a real, homemade narco-sub:http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/0...rug-submarine/

Homemade or luxury, the narco-terrorists and state enemies alike have lots of boats available for infiltration of CONUS.

[/ATTACH=CONFIG]21574[/ATTACH]DS2.jpgSY2.jpgSY1.jpgDS1.jpgSY3.jpg
    Attached Images
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Heck this is just a distraction. How about a real, homemade narco-sub:http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/0...rug-submarine/

Homemade or luxury, the narco-terrorists and state enemies alike have lots of boats available for infiltration of CONUS.

ATTACH=CONFIG]21580[/ATTACH]SY3.jpgDS1.jpgSY1.jpgSY2.jpgDS2.jpg
    Attached Images
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links