This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters - Page 5

This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters

This is a discussion on This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 jet skis, 2 navy seal decoys and 1 Apache attack chopper waiting in the wings. Problem solved. Just like the Russians took care of ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    2 jet skis, 2 navy seal decoys and 1 Apache attack chopper waiting in the wings. Problem solved. Just like the Russians took care of the Somali pirates.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    When your only tool is a hammer....

We can't go and invade Mexico. There are so many reasons why that it would be useless talking about it. And, if you feel so strongly about serving your country, head on down to the recruiter. There's work to be done, just not on the Mexican border.

Here's some of my solutions. Solutions that won't cause the deaths of innocent Mexicans and US Servicemen.

1) Secure the border. Make use of local law enforcement, National Guard Bureau, US mil ISR capabilities, US Border Patrol, etc. I fully realize the current administration isn't committed to this course of action at the moment.

2) Legalize marijuana. See other threads on this point. I know you disagree with it, but we're trying to come out ahead here. Frankly, I'd rather legalize dope than send in the Army.

3) Create a path to citizenship for those illegals already here. I don't really like this idea, but it's more feasible than deporting 12 million illegals. Add in the complications from anchor babies and the whole thing is a mess. This cannot happen before #1 happens.

4) Get tough with Mexican politicians. Push back against all this "Blame America" crap coming from those idiots. Call a spade a spade.

5) Aid Mexico in their fight. Since Mexican marines are fighting the cartels, provide FID (Foreign Internal Defense) support. Send Green Berets, CIA, DoS, FBI support down there to train and advise Mexican LE in the fight. Provide intel and recon support as well. If it gets a little dirty, that's OK.

6) Don't make too big of a deal out of this just yet. I don't think (my humble opinion only) we have reached crisis stage just yet. Those on the border may disagree, I'm not in their shoes. One or two posters on DC.com can't speak for everyone on the border. Until then, it's not worth committing US combat troops. This is a political issue at the moment. If our elected leaders can't fix the problem, they shouldn't simply send in the troops to shoot up the joint and fix the problem.

7) Disregarding all of the above, A MILITARY SOLUTION WILL NOT WORK. Take that to the bank.
    Agree with 1,4 & 5. As for the rest, legalizing dope, giving citizenship to 12-20 million illegals isn't dealing with the problem, it's rewarding criminal behavior. As for 6, read the news sometime, especially news from the area. It's a whole lot more than 1 or 2 posters on DC. The military solution starts with securing the border. As for the current illegal issue, it would help if more than a mere 15 states would support Arizona but politicians will always worry more about their jobs than doing the right thing.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Living on the border gives one a different perspective than one has in the puzzle palace on the Potomac.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    What you are suggesting is impossible. It's not working in Afghanistan or Iraq, why do you suppose it would work in Mexico? Simply put, there's no military solution because there's no enemy to fight. The "Cartels?" And where might those be? Who might those be? You think they would meet us on the open field of battle? Fight back? Show themselves? I understand the desire for action, the need to do something. But focusing on any kind of military action against Mexico is the wrong plan. For the most part (and I mean about 99% of it), the horrific violence is on the Mexican side of the border. For now, this is their problem. I fail to see what a few LGBs or ODA teams can do about the problem at this point.
    I'm only going to address the bolded... It's not working in Afghanistan or Iraq because what he has suggested has not HAPPENED in Afghanistan or Iraq. We have not completely unleashed our dogs of war. We've always tied their hands behind their backs or staked them to the ground on really short leashes. Then the few times they've managed to chew through the chains and do what needs to be done, we prosecute them in courts of law for doing what needs to be done. It would require a great deal of coordination and teamwork between the intelligence community and the military, but it can be done.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Call me suspicious, but open water, Mexico, no body........I'd check to see if the victim had a large insurance policy........
    I randomly had the exact same thought Sunday after seeing a news report feature/update on this item.; "Wow...You know that would be a decent way to score a 'Mexican' house and the insurance money too divorce."

Especially considering now that the border shooting of that one Border Patrol LEO is now by it's own people found to be implausible and his shooting is looking to be self inflicted.
    Completely unrelated cases but it does draw the mind to think of potential.

Even still I want to give the victim the benefit of a doubt, and at that at the end of the day it still comes back to the catalyst...Which was that they were trespassing into foreign country waters as well beyond our own borders. So far beyond that they while racing to return could not make it in enough time to cross over into friendly US waters, so as to more easily locate her husbands body....And his missing JetSki.

Don't illegally cross fences into junkyards, to 'sight see', and you won't run any risk of getting bit by junkyard dogs.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    2 jet skis, 2 navy seal decoys and 1 Apache attack chopper waiting in the wings. Problem solved. Just like the Russians took care of the Somali pirates.
    I like the way you think.
    I'm your Huckleberry.

This could potentially be a HUGE issue on the political horizon. Rick Perry already has commercials running about what he has done as far as increasing LE and Mil presence along the border. It includes video of him handing a letter to the President in which he requested the federal government to send more troops to secure the border in Texas. The response he got was that as Governor he can mobilize and deploy more troops (state paying for it) if he so desires.
    So we have the federal government telling Arizona to get out of border/immigration issues and telling Texas if they want more border security to do it themselves.
    If Governor Perry wanted to push the issue hard, under Article 1 Section 10 of the United States Constitution he could start negotiating on his own with Mexico or even call up troops and invade Mexico on his own authority.
    Perhaps it is time to deploy the Maritime Regiment of the Texas State Guard as observers in the area...
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    This isn't about just one man and you should know that. Your perspective is just that, yours. How about giving us your plan for ending it?
    I'd like to see that plan, too. As far as I am concerned, these ARE drastic times. Doing nothing is a bad as aiding.
    Soft solutions aren't a viable option any more.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    These two people acted stupidly and we all know "you can't fix stupid". If tensions on the border weren't already high this would have been almost no issue. Unfortunately there are border problems that get lumped together by the media and by us (the members here).

Others have posted their ideas and solutions to the problem and I have to say that I agree that the overall solution is not going to be pretty. Never the less something needs to be DONE. The citizens of the USA that live in the areas affected by this violence need their concerns addressed just as much as past victims of floods, hurricanes,and any other forms of disasters. To do otherwise in my opinion is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgDog View Post
    Our leadership has already sold us out.
    You are exactly right.
    However, before this thread gets closed, and it will, might I ask how many Americans will be killed before we elect leaders who will care about the citizens of this country?

Bush did not care about the border, Michael Chertoff, former head of DHS is now selling body scan machines to airports and others. Great, make the country less safe, then sell scanners.
    Obama will not do anything either, and current DHS head Janet Napolitano is more worried about veterans and Tea Partiers than islamic radicals.

Now, the case in point. At first I was suspicious that the woman shot her husband and made up the story. Maybe she did.
    I heard the 911 call they released, and she convinced me she was not the shooter.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    It is rumored on Fox News today that this story might be made up.

Officials, I assume govt., was questioning the story after its all said and done.

Could this be spousal murder with a profoundly original cover up for a change, or could she be telling the truth? We'll soon find out! Stay tuned to Channel Defensive Carry for the next episode!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    This could potentially be a HUGE issue on the political horizon. Rick Perry already has commercials running about what he has done as far as increasing LE and Mil presence along the border. It includes video of him handing a letter to the President in which he requested the federal government to send more troops to secure the border in Texas. The response he got was that as Governor he can mobilize and deploy more troops (state paying for it) if he so desires.
    So we have the federal government telling Arizona to get out of border/immigration issues and telling Texas if they want more border security to do it themselves.
    If Governor Perry wanted to push the issue hard, under Article 1 Section 10 of the United States Constitution he could start negotiating on his own with Mexico or even call up troops and invade Mexico on his own authority.
    Perhaps it is time to deploy the Maritime Regiment of the Texas State Guard as observers in the area...
    This incident, of what ever nature, has nothing to do with border security. It happened well into the Mexican side, or so that is the claim. Two million agents and all the fencing in the world wouldn't have prevented this incident. Maybe it is the Mexicans who should be beefing up their border security to keep us out?

Well Tangoseal some of this is kind of curious.
    Historically I don't recall the cartel folks operating along the border being particularly concerned with leaving evidence behind. But for the first time it seems we are to believe they collected the body and the jet ski and disposed of them.
    Why would they bother? If the allegations are true, they did what they did in Mexico and would be hunted and prosecuted by Mexican authorities. They would be incarcerated in Mexican prisons. As corrupt as the system is down there (remember that prison break a few weeks back?) it does not appear they would have much to worry about. And, if they are trying to scare folks out of their area of operation why cover up what they did?
    I am curious whose idea this trip was. Husband's or wife's? When was it suggested? If it was his idea and he had been planning it for years that is one thing. If she suggested it after the first couple of incidents there hit the media I would be putting her under a microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    This incident, of what ever nature, has nothing to do with border security. It happened well into the Mexican side, or so that is the claim. Two million agents and all the fencing in the world wouldn't have prevented this incident. Maybe it is the Mexicans who should be beefing up their border security to keep us out?
    What, the only purpose of border patrols is to keep people out? They also keep their own people in. And fences are not one way. They stop crossings in both directions. And yes, it would be helpful if the Mexicans started carrying their own weight as far as border security is concerned.

ETA: The husband would be better off locked up on either side of the border for an illegal crossing than missing and presumed dead, wouldn't he?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    What, the only purpose of border patrols is to keep people out? They also keep their own people in. And fences are not one way. They stop crossings in both directions. And yes, it would be helpful if the Mexicans started carrying their own weight as far as border security is concerned.

ETA: The husband would be better off locked up on either side of the border for an illegal crossing than missing and presumed dead, wouldn't he?
    In reply to the portion I put into bold--- uh, we are free to leave the country. Border patrol doesn't interfere with our departures. ICE doesn't interfere with departures. You can drive out of the country with no inspection of any kind on our side of the border. You can fly out with no inspection other than the routine TSA stuff.

The purpose of the Border Patrol is to keep others out, not to keep us in. We are free.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links