This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters - Page 7

This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters

This is a discussion on This is out of control now: Mexican bandits entered US waters within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mexican Police Official Investigating Border Lake Shooting Found Dead, Missing Head Published October 12, 2010 | FoxNews.com U.S. and Mexican authorities say a Mexican state ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Mexican Police Official Investigating Border Lake Shooting Found Dead, Missing Head

Mexican Police Official Investigating Border Lake Shooting Found Dead, Missing Head

Published October 12, 2010

| FoxNews.com

U.S. and Mexican authorities say a Mexican state police commander investigating the reported shooting of an American tourist on a border lake plagued by pirates has been killed -- and he reportedly was found decapitated.

Ruben Rios, spokesman for the Tamaulipas state prosecutor's office, says Commander Rolando Flores, the head of state investigators in the border city of Ciudad Miguel Aleman, was killed.

Two U.S. congressmen from Texas said Flores had been found without his head. He "was delivered by way of a suitcase to Mexican military police," Rep. Aaron Pena said.

Flores was investigating the disappearance of American David Hartley. Hartley's wife, Tiffany, says she and her husband were attacked by pirates on Falcon Lake on Sept. 30, while they were returning to the United States from Mexico on Jet Skis. Hartley was shot and presumably fell into the lake.

Rios says his killing was unrelated to the investigation, but U.S. authorities have said threats of violence from drug gangs who control much of the area has hampered the search for Hartley's body.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

It's obvious that the Mexican government isn't capable of enforcing their own laws. My first reaction is that we need to kill all the drug cartel leaders, however that won't fix the issue. Until drugs are devalued to the point that they are not profitable, someone will just take the leaders place. But I am not saying that killing the cartel leaders is a bad idea.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    It's obvious that the Mexican government isn't capable of enforcing their own laws. My first reaction is that we need to kill all the drug cartel leaders, however that won't fix the issue. Until drugs are devalued to the point that they are not profitable, someone will just take the leaders place. But I am not saying that killing the cartel leaders is a bad idea.
    How about we enforce the laws and regulations regarding drugs and illegal immigration and see where that gets us. If you can't get your product to your consumer your product is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    How about we enforce the laws and regulations regarding drugs and illegal immigration and see where that gets us. If you can't get your product to your consumer your product is worthless.
    I am not saying you are wrong and I am not saying we should legalize drugs. But we have to change our approach on fighting the war on drugs, what we have been doing for many years isn’t working. It didn’t work with alcohol during prohibition either.
    There are more users and small / medium dealers than there are large dealers in prison. All the while the Mexican cartels are growing and becoming more violent. This is spilling over onto our soil and putting all of us at risk.

VIP Member
    Don't you think our DEA, ICE, CBP, Coast Guard, State Highway Patrol, and local LEOs are all trying hard as they can to enforce our drug laws?

Around here they arrest kids for 1/2 a pill they don't have a prescription for it. It costs us money for prosecution, money for the defense, money for the supervised probation or jail time. It costs us future lost taxes from income on wages these folks won't earn because they have a conviction.

Do you think that any of this enforcement activity actually does any good with the big picture of the drug problem? I don't. I've watched it get worse and worse and worse all of my life. We are creating incentive for the gangsters and thugs by forcing the price up with our failed enforcement efforts. We are doing many things wrong, and it is long past time to change our ways. Lack of enforcement isn't the problem.

I think we are doing all we can possibly do on the enforcement side. We've turned our employers into little drug enforcement agents with workplace testing. We've turned our music teachers and athletic coaches into junior investigators with school drug testing. We've about abandoned our 4 A protections and NONE OF IT SOLVES OUR PROBLEM.

We have reached the point at which we just can't keep up and we can't afford to domore. We are at that point. No we are way past that point.

Let's put our resources to work on getting the truly dangerous off our streets, put our resources to work on meaningful anti-drug education, and stop messing with stupid kids doing stupid kid stuff. (And stupid TV, radio and movie personalities too. Who cares. Let them OD. It won't bother me in the least.)

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Don't you think our DEA, ICE, CBP, Coast Guard, State Highway Patrol, and local LEOs are all trying hard as they can to enforce our drug laws?

Around here they arrest kids for 1/2 a pill they don't have a prescription for it. It costs us money for prosecution, money for the defense, money for the supervised probation or jail time. It costs us future lost taxes from income on wages these folks won't earn because they have a conviction.

Do you think that any of this enforcement activity actually does any good with the big picture of the drug problem? I don't. I've watched it get worse and worse and worse all of my life. We are creating incentive for the gangsters and thugs by forcing the price up with our failed enforcement efforts. We are doing many things wrong, and it is long past time to change our ways. Lack of enforcement isn't the problem.

I think we are doing all we can possibly do on the enforcement side. We've turned our employers into little drug enforcement agents with workplace testing. We've turned our music teachers and athletic coaches into junior investigators with school drug testing. We've about abandoned our 4 A protections and NONE OF IT SOLVES OUR PROBLEM.

We have reached the point at which we just can't keep up and we can't afford to domore. We are at that point. No we are way past that point.

Let's put our resources to work on getting the truly dangerous off our streets, put our resources to work on meaningful anti-drug education, and stop messing with stupid kids doing stupid kid stuff. (And stupid TV, radio and movie personalities too. Who cares. Let them OD. It won't bother me in the least.)
    Question#1. No, the boots on the ground are doing everything they're permitted to do under the rules they are given.
    Question#2. I don't believe it's doing near as much as it could if we released the hounds to do the job. You know, enforce the law. I realize that would offend some...

This is a war,it needs to be handled as such. Some will have to suffer that I regret but that's a fact. Too many of us... have a defeatist attitude on the whole drug/immigration issue. We are letting this happen because it's too offensive to some, too irrational for some, too sensitive for some.

What we need to do is what America is historically good at,mobilize the resources of this country and take care of the problem at hand and not worry about the namby-pamby reaction of some.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Yeah, I believe they are doing the best they can with their hands tied behind their backs. No, it will never be eradicated but education and enforcement is our only hope for reducing it substantially.

As for the stupid kids, I care and I bet a whole lot of parents do to. Stupid kid stuff...seriously?
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Question#1. No, the boots on the ground are doing everything they're permitted to do under the rules they are given.
    Question#2. I don't believe it's doing near as much as it could if we released the hounds to do the job. You know, enforce the law. I realize that would offend some...

This is a war,it needs to be handled as such. Some will have to suffer that I regret but that's a fact. Too many of us... have a defeatist attitude on the whole drug/immigration issue. We are letting this happen because it's too offensive to some, too irrational for some, too sensitive for some.

What we need to do is what America is historically good at,mobilize the resources of this country and take care of the problem at hand and not worry about the namby-pamby reaction of some.
    Now THAT could work!!

I think they found the lead investigator for this(or rather what's left of him) on the mex side...
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/12/...ex.html?hpt=T2
    (CNN) -- The lead Mexican investigator in the Falcon Lake case, Rolando Armando Flores Villegas, has been killed, his severed head delivered Tuesday in a suitcase to the Mexican military, officials told CNN.

"His head was delivered to the army garrison this morning in a suitcase after he failed to report back home last night," Zapata County, Texas, Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez Jr. said.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    His title, in another story I read, was "Head of Investigations."

Not any more.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Ex Member
    How can this be? Obama recently said "THE MEXICAN BORDER IS AS SAFE AS IT HAS EVER BEEN." Would Obama lie?

Interesting article from Police One.......

http://www.policeone.com/airborne-ma...investigation/
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Authorities believe the death of an American tourist on a lake on the Texas-Mexico border may be a case of mistaken Identity ?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39669630...news-americas/
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Did anyone catch the last episode of Border Wars (I recorded it and just watched it) that highlighted this case. It was pretty heart wrenching to listen to the surviving wife tell the tale. If this whole situation didn't piss you off before they will after you watch this show.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Agreed. You are right, current occupant doesn't have the guts for it, and yes something needs to be done about it now. The border needs to be closed all the way across. The illegals need to be rounded up and shipped back. It's sickening what this government has allowed to happen with this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgDog View Post
    Our leadership has already sold us out.

^^^^^YEP and Nope^^^^^^^^^

The current occupant in the White house doesn't want to do anything about it.

Yes, we have been sold out.

The plan is to let all the illegals, drug traffickers, and the like to infiltrate the US to the extent that the powers that be,the UN and the US, decide that there is nothing that can be done, and we must merge with Canada, and Mexico, and assimilate to their laws and to form a cooperative union to co-exist, henceforth removing our sovereignty and rights as US citizens
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links