Good: Two Robbery suspects shot dead by Charlotte, NC Pizza Hut employee

Good: Two Robbery suspects shot dead by Charlotte, NC Pizza Hut employee

This is a discussion on Good: Two Robbery suspects shot dead by Charlotte, NC Pizza Hut employee within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Three robbers tried to rob a Pizza Hut store at closing and forced an employee into a cooler. They beat the employee because he didn't ...

Thumbs up Good: Two Robbery suspects shot dead by Charlotte, NC Pizza Hut employee

Three robbers tried to rob a Pizza Hut store at closing and forced an employee into a cooler. They beat the employee because he didn't know how to open the safe. The employee didn’t draw his concealed Glock 22 until the last possible second. When a robber tried to pull off the employee's shirt, he opened fire killing two robbers.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ents_Container

A pizza deliveryman who shot two would-be robbers to death in east Charlotte said Tuesday that he didn’t draw his concealed pistol until the last possible second, when he thought he would be killed.

Throughout the robbery attempt, as the men hit and pistol-whipped him inside a cooler at an east Charlotte Pizza Hut, the driver said he kept his right elbow pinned tightly against his body – holding a Glock 22 under his shirt and out of view.

He said he didn’t want to use the gun unless he was forced to. But as one of the men lifted his shirt, nearly exposing the gun, the deliveryman opened fire.

The two men killed – Gregory James Hardy and Dauntrae Wallace – were both 21-year-old convicted felons, one on probation and one awaiting trial on unrelated charges.
    Last edited by rstickle; October 2nd, 2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Edited down to avoid copyright problems

I almost cry when I hear stories with such great endings. Great job by this permit holder, and now a "2-fer" has rid the earth of O2 robbing scumbags who will never hurt others again.
    As for the Pizza Hut policy, I have my own policy...I never spend $.01 at Pizza Hut.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Unhappy

I feel empithy for the delivery man even though he was completely justified in what he had to do to protect his life and the life of the manager. He was put into that posistion by three low life criminals who had no regard for anyone but themselves and there own selfish interest. I hope he recovers emotionally from the tragic situation of having to take another human beings life. The emotional pain may heal over time but there will always be scars left as a reminder of what had to be done .
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Can anyone explain the thought process behind "disarmament for employee(citizen, etc.) safety" ?

No attempt to be snide here. I just have never heard an argument for it that makes any reasonable sense. Such a skewed attempt at reason and in the case of Pizza Hut, I have no doubt that it has nothing to do with safety but rather liability. Seems violent or deadly attacks on employees is more acceptable than justifiable, legal self-defense against such attacks.

I have no doubt he will lose his job. Companies with such policies are quick to enforce them, regardless of circumstances. Am I a pessimist or does it seems like things in the world keep making revolutions around and down the toilet bowl?

Glad the man is safe.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Why would the manager go across the street to get a soda?They had that at the pizza place.That seems odd to me.

He will lose his job, he knew this and is one of the reasons he waited until it was his life at stake and not just his employer's money. Pizza Hut believes that a published policy of non-armed employees backed up by actually firing armed employees is lowest liability risk to them. Just the way it is in our legal system. Blame our legal system for this stupid policy - not Pizza Hut. Now the injured misunderstood "customers'" family can only sue the former employee, not Pizza Hut.
    Last edited by BurgDog; October 2nd, 2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: remove unneeded meta comment

Good guy +2; bad guys -3
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Links