Dad Accused of Shooting Daughter's Boyfriend - Page 2

Dad Accused of Shooting Daughter's Boyfriend

This is a discussion on Dad Accused of Shooting Daughter's Boyfriend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by JoJoGunn I'm in agreement as well. I have a very good friend who is bi-polar, manic depressive, has anxiety disorders to the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dad Accused of Shooting Daughter's Boyfriend

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I'm in agreement as well. I have a very good friend who is bi-polar, manic depressive, has anxiety disorders to the 10th power and takes handfuls of medication to help. I'd be more afraid of him beating the crap out of someone bare handed than using a weapon. Thankfully he is getting it under control.

He also owns a Glock in .380 but has not once offered to bring it out of the house and shoot anyone with it. I agree, the excuse train is becoming way to easy to get on board.
    Wow. I feel for him, but in a case like this I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable around him if he carried. If something happened and he wasn't able to get his medication it could be a very dangerous situation just having access to the gun. The important thing to remember here is to stay on his good side.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    The biggest bs part of this story and another recent murder in the news, is the way the media tries to negatively spin certain things."He suffered from anxiety and also took medication for it." Like..ewwww...there's the cause! Wrong.

I have had anxiety "issues" for the past 15 years. Some days are better than others. I have prescribed medication for it that I take on a as needed basis.

Anxiety doesn't make you homicidal, suicidal or any other kind of "idal". I actually was having an anxiety "episode" last night while shooting IDPA. Set it aside and got through it.

I don't want to hear all the "well some people are different", "maybe he wasn't strong". Blah, blah, blah. Anxiety doesn't make you pick up a gun and shoot someone. Xanax (most frequently prescribed anxiety medication) doesn't make you pick up a gun and shoot someone.

While there is certainly more to this story....I hate seeing something as innocent as this guy having anxiety thrown at there as if it's about to be used to say he wasn't thinking straight or had some sort of mental break due to his anxiety and/or medication.

It's like saying "Well, little Johnny stole that money and broke those windows because he's ADHD".

No....little Johnny did these things because mom and dad failed as parents by not putting foot to ass early and often. Pinning his actions of ADHD is nothing more than a lame excuse.

Could be a million reasons why this guy shot his daughter's bf and then himself. Hate to see the media try to pin it on anxiety. All that does is misinform the general public.

Anyway.....

/rant

Flame away. I stand by my beliefs.

I, like many others, stand in complete agreement with your statement. If more parents did an adequate job, we wouldn't have anywhere near the number of problems in our society that we do today.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links