Dad Accused of Shooting Daughter's Boyfriend

This is a discussion on Dad Accused of Shooting Daughter's Boyfriend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wtvy.com/home/headlines/104242103.html Many interesting items here. Dad is 68. Boyfriend is 31. Dad shot guy 3 times then himself. Both are recovering from 'head wounds.'...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad Accused of Shooting Daughter's Boyfriend

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.wtvy.com/home/headlines/104242103.html

Many interesting items here. Dad is 68. Boyfriend is 31. Dad shot guy 3 times then himself. Both are recovering from 'head wounds.'
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sounds like another ding.

pea shooter

The biggest bs part of this story and another recent murder in the news, is the way the media tries to negatively spin certain things."He suffered from anxiety and also took medication for it." Like..ewwww...there's the cause! Wrong.

I have had anxiety "issues" for the past 15 years. Some days are better than others. I have prescribed medication for it that I take on a as needed basis.

Anxiety doesn't make you homicidal, suicidal or any other kind of "idal". I actually was having an anxiety "episode" last night while shooting IDPA. Set it aside and got through it.

I don't want to hear all the "well some people are different", "maybe he wasn't strong". Blah, blah, blah. Anxiety doesn't make you pick up a gun and shoot someone. Xanax (most frequently prescribed anxiety medication) doesn't make you pick up a gun and shoot someone.

While there is certainly more to this story....I hate seeing something as innocent as this guy having anxiety thrown at there as if it's about to be used to say he wasn't thinking straight or had some sort of mental break due to his anxiety and/or medication.

It's like saying "Well, little Johnny stole that money and broke those windows because he's ADHD".

No....little Johnny did these things because mom and dad failed as parents by not putting foot to ass early and often. Pinning his actions of ADHD is nothing more than a lame excuse.

Could be a million reasons why this guy shot his daughter's bf and then himself. Hate to see the media try to pin it on anxiety. All that does is misinform the general public.

Anyway.....

/rant

Flame away. I stand by my beliefs.

Your beliefs stand you in good company, I'll always remember reading a comment by Jeff Cooper, can't recall exact words, but someone had brought up the inbalance in brain chemistry leading to criminal behavior theory to him, He agreed, and stated that the inbalance was cause by insufficient levels of lead, and is best treated with the high speed insertion of 230 grains of lead into the cranial cavity. :-)
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

When I read the title of this threat, it made me think of when my niece started dating and my brother saying, "don't worry, I have a shotgun and a shovel".
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I had huge anxiety attacks during my Shodan test...I didn't kill anyone
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    The biggest bs part of this story and another recent murder in the news, is the way the media tries to negatively spin certain things."He suffered from anxiety and also took medication for it." Like..ewwww...there's the cause! Wrong.

I have had anxiety "issues" for the past 15 years. Some days are better than others. I have prescribed medication for it that I take on a as needed basis.

Anxiety doesn't make you homicidal, suicidal or any other kind of "idal". I actually was having an anxiety "episode" last night while shooting IDPA. Set it aside and got through it.

I don't want to hear all the "well some people are different", "maybe he wasn't strong". Blah, blah, blah. Anxiety doesn't make you pick up a gun and shoot someone. Xanax (most frequently prescribed anxiety medication) doesn't make you pick up a gun and shoot someone.

While there is certainly more to this story....I hate seeing something as innocent as this guy having anxiety thrown at there as if it's about to be used to say he wasn't thinking straight or had some sort of mental break due to his anxiety and/or medication.

It's like saying "Well, little Johnny stole that money and broke those windows because he's ADHD".

No....little Johnny did these things because mom and dad failed as parents by not putting foot to ass early and often. Pinning his actions of ADHD is nothing more than a lame excuse.

Could be a million reasons why this guy shot his daughter's bf and then himself. Hate to see the media try to pin it on anxiety. All that does is misinform the general public.

Anyway.....

/rant

A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Just for clarification, my comment was based on his actions, not his ailment.

+1 on EB's beliefs. I'm getting tired of society blaming everything on ADHD, anxiety, depression, and every other condition. People have a lack of morals because they weren't brought up by parents who give a d*** and didn't teach them anything. 'nuf said.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

EB31, no flames - you got it right.

Sadly, our society seems to always want to blame something other than a moral failure for situations like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I'm in agreement as well. I have a very good friend who is bi-polar, manic depressive, has anxiety disorders to the 10th power and takes handfuls of medication to help. I'd be more afraid of him beating the crap out of someone bare handed than using a weapon. Thankfully he is getting it under control.

He also owns a Glock in .380 but has not once offered to bring it out of the house and shoot anyone with it. I agree, the excuse train is becoming way to easy to get on board.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by nightsonge View Post
    Your beliefs stand you in good company, I'll always remember reading a comment by Jeff Cooper, can't recall exact words, but someone had brought up the inbalance in brain chemistry leading to criminal behavior theory to him, He agreed, and stated that the inbalance was cause by insufficient levels of lead, and is best treated with the high speed insertion of 230 grains of lead into the cranial cavity. :-)
    Good old Jeff Cooper, he had the right answer for any question reguarding firearms and the use of them......LOL
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post

Anyway.....

/rant

In bold,,,,,

Underlined,,,,

This gives the antis ammunition to say that anyone on anti depressants, can't have guns in the home.

Just think of how many households that would include.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sounds to me like Malcolm made a bad 'who to date' decision.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links