8 shots?

This is a discussion on 8 shots? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A sheriff's deputy fired eight shots early Sunday morning at a man he believed had just robbed a West Hollywood liquor store, only to learn ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 shots?

8 shots?

A sheriff's deputy fired eight shots early Sunday morning at a man he believed had just robbed a West Hollywood liquor store, only to learn that his target was the clerk who had been held up, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The clerk was not hit, and the suspects, described as a black man armed with a handgun and a black woman, escaped.

2. Remove Ads

Marvelous!

VIP Member
    Thank God the cop can't shoot. Time to leave the force.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Maybe....just maybe....there will open up some contract opportunities for concealed carriers that practice well and can discern and hit their target. This way...local law enforcement will be off the hook as far as liability, and the criminal may go down more often. So....how do we go about getting a contract as an outside source? You know....this could actually grow into something big. The military has plenty of outside/civilian contractors.
    All in all, our law enforcement deserves the best available. But IMO....any law enforcement officer needs to live up to the expectations of the job at hand. If not, then our taxpayer funds are being misappropriated and misused. I fully support my local law enforcement. I know several of them that have taken plenty of shots and given them back just the same (specifically due to crack house raids and the like). I rather like seasoned veterans on the local PD force. Have utmost respect for our county team that's in place now. Training? Well, I guess that lies with the department and a bit more with the officers and what time they dedicate to furthering themselves and their duties to protect the public. One of those reasons why the public has been given a (paid) right to carry is to supplement the law enforcement and take some of the load. That's the way it's designed you'll see. Not to give you more of your rights than what you already have.....it's to make things easier on the system that's evolved. Always carry, and depend less on those you've depended on in the past. Depend on yourself now and forget the middle man. I've heard stories most recently about rural fire departments and fees out in the county. If you don't pay your yearly dues, they watch your house burn to the ground while they save your neighbor's house that paid the yearly fee. IMO....our local law enforcement could become the same 'contract service' in the years to come. Just think about it.

Some more details. While they do not excuse the actions, they shed some light on why it happened. Such is life with trainees.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...s-unclear.html

Eight shots fired at the manager? None of them hit? Sheeesh...thank goodness this deputy has no idea on how to handle his weapon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sorry, but you just failed the 'test' and won't be able to become an officer afterall.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Maybe....just maybe....there will open up some contract opportunities for concealed carriers that practice well and can discern and hit their target. This way...local law enforcement will be off the hook as far as liability, and the criminal may go down more often. So....how do we go about getting a contract as an outside source? You know....this could actually grow into something big. The military has plenty of outside/civilian contractors.
    All in all, our law enforcement deserves the best available. But IMO....any law enforcement officer needs to live up to the expectations of the job at hand. If not, then our taxpayer funds are being misappropriated and misused. I fully support my local law enforcement. I know several of them that have taken plenty of shots and given them back just the same (specifically due to crack house raids and the like). I rather like seasoned veterans on the local PD force. Have utmost respect for our county team that's in place now. Training? Well, I guess that lies with the department and a bit more with the officers and what time they dedicate to furthering themselves and their duties to protect the public. One of those reasons why the public has been given a (paid) right to carry is to supplement the law enforcement and take some of the load. That's the way it's designed you'll see. Not to give you more of your rights than what you already have.....it's to make things easier on the system that's evolved. Always carry, and depend less on those you've depended on in the past. Depend on yourself now and forget the middle man. I've heard stories most recently about rural fire departments and fees out in the county. If you don't pay your yearly dues, they watch your house burn to the ground while they save your neighbor's house that paid the yearly fee. IMO....our local law enforcement could become the same 'contract service' in the years to come. Just think about it.
    Sounds kinda gestapo.... really there is already private security firms.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    8 shots 0 hits. There's probably going to be a spate of shot out windows reports from the surrounding neighborhood.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Thank goodness for shitty shooting
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    am i the only one picturing a cartoon wall with the sihouette of a man outlined in bullet holes?...i cant imagine what was going through that managers mind when the bullets started coming his way but i'm sure a new pair of shorts were in order...

I would like to have heard the exchange afterwards between the FTO and the trainee.

Yet another excellent example of what _not_ to do as related to police arrival toward crime.

* First and foremost wait for the police to contact you...Don't be running up on them especially in the dark.

* Don't be pointing and gesturing toward them. You may be able to hear and well understand yourself, but they may not and that leads to misunderstandings.

* Do not disobey/ignore direct police commands! Regardless of what you think in the immediate needs to be said/done by you. See Erik Scott @ Costco.

* When calling the cops toward a crime do give an _accurate_ description. There are Black folk all around the US of A....And at every street corner in LA. Duh!.
    Give an accurate and _full_ description such as estimated height & weight, build type, clothing, hair color AND style along with direction of travel last seen.
    Saying 'I saw a black man!' is just useless, outside of say Appalachia or Alaska where we Black's just don't tend at all to hang out.

Thank goodness nobody was harmed here.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    What's that thing for on the end of the barrel?

I guess he hadn't been issues his magic cop bullets yet.

Another case of "Drop the weapon" gone bad. Can't drop your finger!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Sounds kinda gestapo.... really there is already private security firms.
    And local fire departments that will watch your house burn down if you haven't paid your yearly dues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links