Depending on the Police? Odds on the BG's side if you're in Nashville...

This is a discussion on Depending on the Police? Odds on the BG's side if you're in Nashville... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A report on Metro Nashville PD's response time. Watch closely about the class 3 calls and how long it took to get there... http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13248024...

Thread: Depending on the Police? Odds on the BG's side if you're in Nashville...

A report on Metro Nashville PD's response time. Watch closely about the class 3 calls and how long it took to get there...

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13248024

What a crock of crap. Emergency called for services come above nearly everything except assistance calls and felony stops. Stats my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    What a crock of crap. Emergency called for services come above nearly everything except assistance calls and felony stops. Stats my butt.
    Ummm can you rephrase?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

The odds always favor the criminal.
    The criminal decides when to perpetrate his crime. That is why it is important to use tactics to our best advantage while staying within the law.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Ummm can you rephrase?
    ????????

????????
    I did not understand what you wrote. Sorry
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Senior Moderator
    As cities and counties cut their budgets, response time is going to keep increasing.

It is going to become more and more important for citizens to be able to protect themselves and their neighbors
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sure, no problem
    Basically that emergency calls for service (from citizens) come above nearly anything else, routine stops, tickets, etc. Handling these lesser activities to accumulate stats, instead of responding to emergency citizen calls is BS. A couple of the possible exceptions would be emergency calls for assistance by other officers and stops of actual felons, such as armed robbers.

Sure, no problem
    Basically that emergency calls for service (from citizens) come above nearly anything else, routine stops, tickets, etc. Handling these lesser activities to accumulate stats, instead of responding to emergency citizen calls is BS. A couple of the possible exceptions would be emergency calls for assistance by other officers and stops of actual felons, such as armed robbers.
    agreed, not sure what you meant the first time either. I hope someone in the PD gets lit up for stats goals. However, it doesn't negate the fact that wait times are 10 mins+ for immediate emergency needs, probably due to lack of man power. I live on the outskirts of the city, police response time will most likely suck even worse out here.

Budget cuts may reduce response times for the cops, but not 'shoot times' for the home owners.

Stay armed......stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    That is unreal.

We are so fortunate that in my area POLICE response times for Emergency Calls are never more than 2 minutes.
    You call and they are there.

I donate every year to our Police, Fire, & Ambulance. So do a lot of my neighbors. They are absolutely the best and they are very much appreciated.

FIRE/Rescue shows up before the fire trucks for Fire calls & Ambulance response times are about 5 minutes but Rescue is already on the scene before the Paramedics arrive.

Cripes the last time I called POLICE was when a lost dog wandered up onto my front porch late one night and the Police response time was less than 5 minutes.

Oakland police don't respond to burglary calls at all anymore.

Unfortunately, 10 min can be a reasonable time considering the size of the city. LEO can't be everywhere all the time and those in the area may be tied up with another arrest.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    The odds always favor the criminal.
    The criminal decides when to perpetrate his crime. That is why it is important to use tactics to our best advantage while staying within the law.

Biker
    ^^^^^THIS is so true^^^^^^^^^^

Read below and keep this in mind, should someting begin to go down before your very eyes.

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
    Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
    Mathew Courtney
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sponsored Links