Phoenix Cop faces charges in fatal on-duty shooting. - Page 2

Phoenix Cop faces charges in fatal on-duty shooting.

This is a discussion on Phoenix Cop faces charges in fatal on-duty shooting. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In my opinion, he should be facing much more serious charges. Not good for him if he winds up in prison. He won't do well....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Cop faces charges in fatal on-duty shooting.

In my opinion, he should be facing much more serious charges. Not good for him if he winds up in prison. He won't do well.

He was indicted on murder charges....

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/P...104960469.html
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Wow, just wow. I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Bring back saps to those who have lost them.
    Theres something to be said about a properly administered attitude adjustment in a case like this. Beats getting shot and killed any day. The problem is, he would have been sued for beating him too. Crazy story.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

IF He is GUILTY, Stick em in general population ; 0 What comes around goese around ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Theres something to be said about a properly administered attitude adjustment in a case like this. Beats getting shot and killed any day. The problem is, he would have been sued for beating him too. Crazy story.
    A sap in experienced hands is capable of much more diverse results than a mere beating.

This is a sad occurrence for a number of reasons.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

This link shows the Phoenix Police Officer back in 2005 planting a crack pipe on a homeless woman, what a great cop

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?sec=528732&id=105005254
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Looks like a lesson on both sides - Neither man appears to have been able to control himself.
    Note: I’m not defending the cop nor do I think the deceased deserved to die.

When someone is out of control enough to have their family call the cops on him, and he’s unable to act rationally when the cops do arrive, things can go down hill pretty quickly.
    Also, in the cops case, if one can’t act rationally when things get heated and he’s got deadly weapons in his control, things can get ugly very fast as well.

Something to think about. Making sure we are able to maintain a rational head when things get heated around us, or know when to exit a situation that is going no-where good.

Two lives are changed forever due to the heat of the moment.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

A sap in experienced hands is capable of much more diverse results than a mere beating.

This is a sad occurrence for a number of reasons.

I guess my point is that pain compliance has it's place. But no matter how well administered, you open yourself up to a lawsuit. And they would scream "beating" from the rooftops regardless of whether it was or not. So we have tasers, that did not work here. And it would not surprise me if pain compliance, night stick, flashlight, sap, etc is frowned on. So what's left? Limiting the tools to do the job and expecting folks to get the same results they always have generally leads to using inappropriate methods of solving certain problems. Like shooting someone instead of whacking them with a stick. I could be completely wrong her too.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I think that you are correct in that some will yell "beating" no matter what tool is used. In LE you open yourself up to a lawsuit with virtually anything you do. My point about the sap was one well administered thump, which could hardly be called a beating, could end situations such as this one. One problem is the the current thinking is that in any situation short of lethal force there should be no physical injury or consequences for aggressive or combative actions.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

One problem is the the current thinking is that in any situation short of lethal force there should be no physical injury or consequences for aggressive or combative actions.
    Yep. In some cases the lawyers are running the PD. And it's not the city lawyers, it's the trial lawyers. Sometimes stupidity should just be painful. You learn quicker that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    This link shows the Phoenix Police Officer back in 2005 planting a crack pipe on a homeless woman, what a great cop

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?sec=528732&id=105005254
    Some people don't deserve to be LE. Too bad for the 29 yr old guy, Chrisman wasnt stopped years earlier.

Sounds like bad cop went way over the line to me.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I'll wait till I see some facts... so far it's ugly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Neither story linked provides anywhere near enough info to be passing judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I believe the partner submitted a report which was 180 degrees apart from that of the cop in trouble.

This story is getting a LOT of coverage right now, and someone's affidavit - the 'good' cop's? - has been released, and I heard part of it on the radio this afternoon.

The guy who was shot was acting violent, which is why his mother called the cops. Before his was shot, he was tased and tore the darts out, then he was pepper-sprayed with no effect. Suffice to say, the guy who the cops responded about was pretty much out of control. Whether he posed enough of a risk to invoke deadly force is the core question. One of the other stories noted that the cops had been called to this same address on several previous occasions.

I'm not necessarily supporting the cop who is charged, but none of us was there when the trouble happened, not even the news reporter. Let's all keep an open mind about what happened.

^^^^I'm in this camp^^^^^^^^^^

On this one.

Ain't no one can pass judgement on this yet.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links