Man shot by ex-employee, saved by Nextel

This is a discussion on Man shot by ex-employee, saved by Nextel within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rticle-7714350...

Thread: Man shot by ex-employee, saved by Nextel

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Man shot by ex-employee, saved by Nextel

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

My cousin was shot , and the bullet (.38 cal) went thru his cowboy belt buckle and was lodged between the buckle and his belt. He said it was like someone had hit him in the stomach real hard.

On the news, they were telling the story and saying "there was a shooting", and a guy was being loaded into an ambulance behind them. It gave the impression, the guy being put in the ambulance was the one shot. NOPE , it wasn't. After the guy pulled the gun and shot my cousin, he beat the hell out of the guy ..... to the point he was in bad shape and an ambulance was called for the BG and they had to rush him to the hosptial.

The guy had been shooting at several drivers, etc. as he was going down the road, and my cousin and a couple of other trucks had forced the guy off the road in order to stop him. When he got out of his truck, the guy stepped out of his car and shot him at which point my cousin "disarmed" him in an aggressive manner.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I wonder what caliber that was. Damn, can't even kill a mobile phone from 5ft away, might as well shoot spit-balls @ the guy.

bullet proof vests are out of my price range, but hey I finally found a use for all those dead cell phones.....

just kidding of course, that is a weird story!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Most Nextels can also serve as offensive weapons if necessary, similar to a large rock.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamisou View Post
    I wonder what caliber that was. Damn, can't even kill a mobile phone from 5ft away, might as well shoot spit-balls @ the guy.
    I was thinking this, and also wondering if it was a defensive round used, or an FMJ or ??,...I watched the video hoping they'd show the phone. That man is definitely lucky.

This is a concern of mine, I just had to lay a guy off in a RIF and I know he took it hard. You never know how people are going to react, so I guess I better get me a LBV and strap a bunch of phones to it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

GM
    That was a weird story. I wonder what caliber and type of ammo was used.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

5 feet away & cant penetrate a cell phone
    must have been an awful small caliber unfortunately doesn't say
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_45 View Post
    5 feet away & cant penetrate a cell phone
    must have been an awful small caliber unfortunately doesn't say
    Not necessarily. It could have been a bullet with an inadequate powder charge behind it and only enough energy to clear the barrel - an almost squib. It could have been a light powder charge combined with limp wristing. It could have struck the phone in a spot that was either particularly densely packed or where the geometry of impact was just right to cause fragmentation of the round. God could have intervened. It could be a combination of any or all of the above.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

In other news reports it is stated that it also destroyed his belt buckle, so it may have careened off of one item into the other, thereby absorbing all or most of the energy.

It could have just hit the cellphone in just the right spot and the right angle to lose sufficient energy...some cellphones and cameras are built like a tank and meant to be able to be dropped off a building and withstand 400 lbs of force before breaking...they market to people who are adventurous or work in rough environments like construction or handymen
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Links