Innocent 8-Year Old Stabbed...

This is a discussion on Innocent 8-Year Old Stabbed... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/09/...k.boy.stabbed/ The boy had been playing a video game with his parents nearby, Smith said. Police arrived shortly after the boy's father and a witness ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innocent 8-Year Old Stabbed...

Innocent 8-Year Old Stabbed...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/09/...k.boy.stabbed/

The boy had been playing a video game with his parents nearby, Smith said.
    Police arrived shortly after the boy's father and a witness captured the attacker...

There should have been no need to call the police, just the coroner...IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

No disagreement from me.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I was restraining him and he fell on his knife. 37 times.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

My goodness. What is the world coming to? 23 year old just walks up and starts stabbing an 8 year old for no reason! I agree with Ret. Just call the coroner. Father would have been justified.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Probably the perpetrator is schizophrenic and genuinely thought he was stabbing the devil. Sad. There are no appropriate words for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Probably the perpetrator is schizophrenic and genuinely thought he was stabbing the devil. Sad. There are no appropriate words for something like this.
    Having been an employment consultant for people with disabilities I can certainly see this as a possibility. I had a few clients who had to have meds or they were dangerous. But IMO there would not be any time to ask for a medical history, he would be gone.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Police arrived shortly after the boy's father and a witness captured the attacker...

Yup ! The toilet would have been a good place to dispose of that piece of crap.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    You can't possibly be making some kind of excuse for this can you? That guy needed to be DRT.

GM
    My goodness, that is horrible!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

If I'm not mistaken, we didn't have these "meds" 100 years ago, and I really doubt if this sort of thing happened. I don't buy that argument for 1 second.

Disgusting. I'm surprised that this scumbag didnt' get the beating of his life.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieth View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, we didn't have these "meds" 100 years ago, and I really doubt if this sort of thing happened. I don't buy that argument for 1 second.
    I wasn't around 100 years back but I sure was around and old enough to hear stuff 60 years back. This kind of thing happened, just as it does today, and back then there were NO MEDS.

What was different, and it was different until the late 1960s, is that the truly ill (and some mistakenly called ill) got put into asylums where they were not able to cause harm.

I worked at one circa 1965-1966 and it was not a pretty or nice place. It was effectively a jail masquerading as a hospital.
    I was required to keep my keys fastened to a leather belt by a strong rope so they couldn't be taken from me. When I went to the rest room, I had to use a special key to enter, and then place that key in the lock from the other side of the door so no one could break in. You would see dozens of men and women walking to work stations in a zombie like state.

I wandered into a floor for adolescents one evening and can not begin to describe the horror and horrid conditions I stumbled on. (The circuit breaker box was in that wing and I needed to get in there.)

There are no easy answers but neither the old way nor our present way work really well. And our jails end up being the de-facto hospitals. That serves no one. And it doesn't keep our streets safe.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I wasn't around 100 years back but I sure was around and old enough to hear stuff 60 years back. This kind of thing happened, just as it does today, and back then there were NO MEDS.

What was different, and it was different until the late 1960s, is that the truly ill (and some mistakenly called ill) got put into asylums where they were not able to cause harm.

I worked at one circa 1965-1966 and it was not a pretty or nice place. It was effectively a jail masquerading as a hospital.
    I was required to keep my keys fastened to a leather belt by a strong rope so they couldn't be taken from me. When I went to the rest room, I had to use a special key to enter, and then place that key in the lock from the other side of the door so no one could break in. You would see dozens of men and women walking to work stations in a zombie like state.

I wandered into a floor for adolescents one evening and can not begin to describe the horror and horrid conditions I stumbled on. (The circuit breaker box was in that wing and I needed to get in there.)

There are no easy answers but neither the old way nor our present way work really well. And our jails end up being the de-facto hospitals. That serves no one. And it doesn't keep our streets safe.
    Show me where the article said anything about on or off medication, schitzo or not. The guy needed some good old fashion, quickly administered street justice. Stop trying to make up a lame excuse.

Agreed this is sad.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    No disagreement from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I was restraining him and he fell on his knife. 37 times.

^^^^UMMM,Yeah, ^^^All of the above^^^^^^^

I am always concerned about my kids, and this just makes me all the more paranoid.

Good God Almighty
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links