Good and bad, one BG down the other on he run. Kenly NC

This is a discussion on Good and bad, one BG down the other on he run. Kenly NC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One killed in Johnston County robbery Kenly, N.C. — Johnston County deputies said a robbery at a local restaurant on Friday evening turned into a ...

Thread: Good and bad, one BG down the other on he run. Kenly NC

VIP Member

Good and bad, one BG down the other on he run. Kenly NC

One killed in Johnston County robbery

Kenly, N.C. — Johnston County deputies said a robbery at a local restaurant on Friday evening turned into a shootout, leaving one suspect dead.

The robbery happened just before 6 p.m. at Shoeheel Gas, Grocery and Grill at 8212 Old Beulah Road in Kenly, Johnston County Sheriff Steve Bizzell said.

The owner, his son and two female employees were the only people in the store when a man walked in and displayed a weapon, Bizzell said. The man pointed the gun at the owner’s son. The owner came from a back room with a weapon.

The two exchanged gunfire in the store. The suspect was shot but made it outside to his van, Bizzell said.

The owner also went outside and noticed a second suspect in the parking lot, Bizzell said. At this point, the owner had gotten a second weapon. The second suspect began firing a rifle at the owner, who returned fire.
    The store owner, his son and the employees were not injured. Sheriff Bizzell said they would have likely died if the owner was not armed.
    http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/8462902/

I do like Sheriff Bizzel's attitude
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

I like the ending statement. Glad to hear they (good guys) were armed and are safe and alive.

A lead man with a backup/driver with a rifle for a stop-n-rob, things are getting ugly.

Glad the good guys are ok.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Glad these dirtbags lost and the owner (and his family) are O.K.
    As for the dirtbags, toss the 'garbage' from the van into the dumpster, then send the K-9s into the nearby woods and wait 30 minutes to start the search.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That last statement is why I love our sheriff, He has a good head on his shoulders and realizes what evil elements run amuck in the real world. He is also very pro-carry, at a neighborhood watch meeting the wife and I organized at our home one of his detectives actually told us that he encouraged residents to arm themselves if they were comfortable with it because response times could be 10-15 minutes if they were tied up on the other side of the county and minutes don't cut it when seconds count. As far as the BG in the store, he got what he deserved, nuff said.
    Last edited by ncsteveh; October 16th, 2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling

I just love a happy ending!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Society has definitely taken a down turn. I live and work in VA's version of Mayberry. Nothing much happens here. Recently, we've been having a hostage situation weekly!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member

Update: Suspect in deadly Johnston County shootout caught

Kenly, N.C. — Authorities have arrested a 17-year-old who they believe fled when an attempted robbery at a Johnston County restaurant Friday evening turned into a shootout that left one suspect dead.

Felipe Alejandro Ortiz, of West Jones Street in Selma, was arrested after a search involving a state Highway Patrol around the scene of the shootout at Shoeheel Gas, Grocery and Grill, 8212 Old Beulah Road.

Ortiz was charged with attempted murder and attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon. He was denied bond.
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8463735/

Here’s to hoping his charges will be upgraded to murder since his actions resulted in the death of his partner.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

hey paramedic70002, my son lives in the Boones Mill area. here is a similar event in Mayberry

http://www.mtairynews.com/view/full_...omer-arrested?

i think that a lot of sheriffs know that it is good for citizens to be armed

Wow!
    Glad everything worked out for the good guys. I actually used to stop in Kenly to eat while driving between the D.C. area and Camp Le Jeune where a friend was stationed. Very nice town, very nice people.
    Looks like they have a Sheriff with a good head on his shoulders.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Glad these dirtbags lost and the owner (and his family) are O.K.
    As for the dirtbags, toss the 'garbage' from the van into the dumpster, then send the K-9s into the nearby woods and wait 30 minutes to start the search.

Agreed. I like that idea..lol.

VIP Member
    Holy Crap, the driver/rifleman was 17Yrs. old?
    Holy crap!!!!!!!!.

Kids these days.
    What are the odds he's a first time offender, who just got kicked out of the church choir, because he told the choirmaster he was off to join the seminary??

Hey, I could have been a good spin doctor!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links