College girl becomes police chief

This is a discussion on College girl becomes police chief within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The cartels not have guns, but they have money. Plenty of it, too. Arming the populace is only going to do so much. There's only ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College girl becomes police chief

The cartels not have guns, but they have money. Plenty of it, too. Arming the populace is only going to do so much. There's only one way to defeat the drug cartels, and that is to destroy their business.

2. Remove Ads

If she needs political asylum, I have a spare room...

Little lady has got a pair I'd say that. It may not have been the smartest thing she's ever done. but you can't live your life in fear.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Brave or stupid, I don't know. But people here seem quick to judge or jump to conclusions about a citizen who is ostensibly trying to stand up and make a difference in her community. I don't know if we should be admiring her or pittying her, but I think we are not giving her enough credit to keep saying she doesn't know what she is getting into, or that she is stupid. WE don't know what she is getting into! Perhaps she has been living it and seeing it her whole life and very well knows what she is getting into, she has just had enough and has to do something. If that is the case... once again, I don't know wether to commend her or pitty her for living where she does.
    ...Or, she could be a plant. Whaterver the case may be, we will find out soon enough, and we should not downplay her inteligence or sacrifice by dismissing her as stupid.
    Walk softly ...

Just about the only cops that stay alive in border towns,are either in the Cartels pockets or look the other way when they do their business,that doesn't mean they stay alive as rival drug gangs usually take them out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

She might actually last a while! With what little I admittedly know of the culture I think she might be smarter than some think. As I understand it the macho factor is now out of play here. She is just a little girl in the eyes of some and the fact that she and her officers are not going to be armed makes them even less of a threat. Until she takes some kind of direct action against them they prove nothing by targeting her. As long as she avoids direct conflict, and sticks to stuff like vandalism, domestics, shoplifting and parking complaints they might leave her alone. The cartels are businesses. Until she becomes a liability to them why make her a martyr? Taking her out now is going to draw a lot of attention (like they don't have enough already) and possibly cause an increase in heat from the federales and the army.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    On the other hand maybe her plan is to roll over immediately, take a nice fat "bonus" for a few short years and retire in luxury to someplace safe and very remote!

I think she probably is what she appears to be, a brave girl with noble intentions but one who is more than a little bit nave. She won't be seen by the cartels as any kind of threat and that fact just may allow her survival. I hope so.
    Last edited by wmhawth; October 22nd, 2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Senior Moderator
    I admire the fact that she is willing to step up. She has guts, no doubt about that. I sincerely wish her much success in her endeavors.

With that being said ,in a situation that deals with cold hard killers, its going to take more than guts.

She will either have to compromise her beliefs to stay alive, or she will more than likely die if she does not. I do not envy her.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'm sure the cartels will be saying "Adios y vaya con Dios" to her very soon sad to say.

I really hope she knows what she had wandered into.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Brave or stupid, I don't know. But people here seem quick to judge or jump to conclusions about a citizen who is ostensibly trying to stand up and make a difference in her community. I don't know if we should be admiring her or pittying her, but I think we are not giving her enough credit to keep saying she doesn't know what she is getting into, or that she is stupid. WE don't know what she is getting into! Perhaps she has been living it and seeing it her whole life and very well knows what she is getting into, she has just had enough and has to do something. If that is the case... once again, I don't know wether to commend her or pitty her for living where she does.
    ...Or, she could be a plant. Whaterver the case may be, we will find out soon enough, and we should not downplay her inteligence or sacrifice by dismissing her as stupid.

Actions that result in your own certain death are generally considered to be stupid.

The drug cartels have been dismembering most police officers when they capture them. Arms, legs, head, and genitals all get cut off.

Just this year, they have launched large massacres at several drug rehab facilities, that were trying to get people off drugs. In each case, the entire staff of the facility were gunned down.

So she is not going to carry a gun, and she is going to only employee female officers. All that is going to accomplish is that the drug assassins will enjoy raping them, before they murder them.

Anyone who crosses these gangs has a horrific, nightmarish like death waiting for them.

It will make no difference at all to these fiends that she is an unarmed woman.
    Last edited by JD; October 24th, 2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Edited content.

They talk about all the weapons that are supposedly smuggled into mexico. What they should be doing is taking up a collection & taking all the weapons they can get their hands on and taking them down to hand out to every honest law abiding Mexican citizen to give them a fighting chance.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

I say good for her. She's got guts if nothing else. Standing up for what you believe, even in the face of certain peril, is commendable.

Poor girl, I do not think she understands what she is doing . I wish her good luck, she really will need it. No brains, but brave as hell.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by radman View Post
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke
    And all that's necessary for the triumph of evil in the face of her doing something is a simple bullet to the brain, decapitation or whatever else will suit the cartels. Sadly, of course, the Burke quip goes both ways.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links