Sad: 80 year old man kills wife, son and family dog before killing himself

This is a discussion on Sad: 80 year old man kills wife, son and family dog before killing himself within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/3...105489988.html...

Thread: Sad: 80 year old man kills wife, son and family dog before killing himself

Sad: 80 year old man kills wife, son and family dog before killing himself

2. Remove Ads

I hear gunshots around my house and 911 is getting a call. Maybe I live in an old fashioned neighborhood, but all of us know each other and watch out for each other. Sad when someone goes that far off the limb they just can't shoot themselves and leave everyone else alone.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Today's world can cause some pretty depressive individuals. It is impossible to defend against such apparent depression...sad in so many ways.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Today's world can cause some pretty depressive individuals. It is impossible to defend against such apparent depression...sad in so many ways.
    And this depresses me to hear about. Then again....I'm open to the world and the possibilities. Not sad so much as wrong. 80 years old? Taking out loved ones before doing yourself? There is probably a term for that, and more than likely a psychological reason as to why. Murder/suicide is something I'll never be able to understand. The human mind keeps many dark secrets. There have to be signs or red flags before something like this happens. Thing is......most folks are too wrapped up in their own day-to-day ordeals that they can't see what's going on around them. With their children, their immediate family, their parents, etc. At this present day in age, we seem to want to communicate more remotely than before. Concerned about someone remote than listening to who is closest. Technology and our form of communication has changed dramatically. This is where we've fallen away from communicating face to face and registering feelings at the personal interaction level on a day-to-day basis. No matter a person's state of mind while committing a tragedy such as this, I truly think we're all to blame at some point along the road. We didn't see the warning signs, we were too busy with our own lives, we didn't care enough when we should have, etc....... These are the reasons why things like this happen. Occasionally somebody snaps, but more commonly, they do things after they've tried to reach out the best way they know how and got denied. This world could be a better place if we only listened and helped when asked. Knowing when seems to be the biggest problem. God bless all.

It's a shame for sure, and it happens more often than we all hear about.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I hear gunshots around my house and 911 is getting a call. Maybe I live in an old fashioned neighborhood, but all of us know each other and watch out for each other. Sad when someone goes that far off the limb they just can't shoot themselves and leave everyone else alone.

We are most definitely living in trying times.

In bold above,
    I agree.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links