Local Pizza Shop Manager, 27, Murdered

This is a discussion on Local Pizza Shop Manager, 27, Murdered within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://nrvnews.com/area/crime-watch/...-murdered.html A local pizza shop manager murdered. This is close to home in a place we frequent. Many of my friends knew the young man ...

Thread: Local Pizza Shop Manager, 27, Murdered

Local Pizza Shop Manager, 27, Murdered

http://nrvnews.com/area/crime-watch/...-murdered.html

A local pizza shop manager murdered. This is close to home in a place we frequent. Many of my friends knew the young man murdered and said he was a fine fellow. One of my co-worker's sons works there. What a shame for his family and 2 year old daughter.

The story originally aired on the TV news with all of the employees outside crying and consoling each other...the next day they discovered one of the employees (that was there hugging and crying with everyone) was the one that did it!!!

When the original story hit the news, so many people at work started talking about getting their carry permit, buying a gun, etc. Why do so many people have to wait until something happens close to home or to someone they know before they start thinking about personal safety and making defense plans? I had several people at work come to me within 2 days of the story and want me to take them shooting and help them choose a handgun. I, of course, am glad to assist them since I have a wide variety of types and calibers for them to try. One guy owns a lot of land and said if I would come out to his house and let him try some out and help him decide what to get he would throw some steaks on the grill and we'd have a nice dinner. Can't turn that down!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Why do so many people have to wait until something happens close to home or to someone they know before they start thinking about personal safety and making defense plans?
    Because, statistically things like this generally happen "to other people." It's true, generally. So, folks can feel good about focusing on the other things in life. It can be discouraging to really think through the basic Q&A necessary to own, train with and carry a firearm that one might well end up using to terminate another life. Lots of folks just don't want to deal with such things. Forced to do so, however, a lot of people wake up to the simple fact that one need not be completely uninvolved in safety/security preparations for the loved ones in life. One doesn't need to be a victim by default. For some folks, that thought just takes a kick upside the head before they really get it. Sad, but true.

One of the employees did the deed? You never know. Callous little bugger, from those reports.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I bet a lot of these types of robberies are inside jobs, at least in part. Why not? easier to go with something familiar.

A tragedy, and a testament to the heartlessness of the scumbags who do this... mourning with everyone else after the incident. man.

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^I agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With both posts ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People are inherently on the lazy side, and for the most part only do what they feel is necessary.
    So long as they FEEL safe, they will not put forth the effort to arm themselves.

How many other people think we should do this or do that, but WE on the other hand, do not feel it is necessary?

Quote paul34:
    A tragedy, and a testament to the heartlessness of the scumbags who do this... mourning with everyone else after the incident. man.

^^^^Indeed, knuckledraggers have no conscious, and do not even bat an eye over something so grave as taking another human beings life.

Way to advance the cause bugdude, you rock.

I have 21 acres and have invited many people who wished to bring a new shooter into the fold, or guys who already shoot, but need a place to shoot.
    I typically select people who really know what they are doing, if they will be instructing a newbie, and have denied, with grace, the bubba types, who may get out of control, or do something dumb.

You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of
    brass." - Trooper M. Padgett
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

When I hear about these things I always say a prayer for the family, for the loved ones and people who had worked with the victim, for the first responders and for the perpetrator and their family. There's too much of this violence happening on this planet.

Don't wait to get your cc, you may become one of the folks stopping a future incident and thereby saving lives.
    Last edited by Pinger; October 24th, 2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: clarification
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

VIP Member
    Well, I've seen a lot of weird stuff as a former LEO, and in life in general. Humans, and I mean all humans are capable of such acts.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Robbing the individual who was kind enough to give you a job in these tough times is pretty heartless. Now the state is going to pay this guy's room and board for the rest of his life.
    Virginia does have the death penalty...hang 'em high."yup:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    When it broke, I wondered how they arrested the guy so quickly.

Turns out the piece of called someone and told him he had done it.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/264884

According to a search warrant filed at the Montgomery County Circuit Court office, Lytton placed a call to a person approximately 15 minutes after the shooting. This person told police that, in the phone call, Lytton said he had just shot his boss.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

GM
    Very bad.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

"shotgun".... ugh ! !

What a shame ....

One guy who was doing some work for us turned "white" one day, when they announced on the news they had arrested a long sought serial murderer.... at which pointhe said.... he had worked closely with him over some years at a Home Security company ... you got it, installing alarms.

Now that, should wake someone up.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

^^^^ SCARY ^^^^ Literally, the fox guarding the hen house.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Well, I've seen a lot of weird stuff as a former LEO, and in life in general. Humans, and I mean all humans are capable of such acts.
    Yes, all of us are capable of killing if we were driven to it. How long that drive is, and how we react at the end is what makes the difference. I doubt if any of us would be crying crocodile tears afterward.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    a long sought serial murderer.... at which point he said.... he had worked closely with him over some years at a Home Security company ... you got it, installing alarms.

Now that, should wake someone up.
    Eeek! I'm awake, I'm awake.

I wonder if his former clients were any of his victims?
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Robbing the individual who was kind enough to give you a job in these tough times is pretty heartless. Now the state is going to pay this guy's room and board for the rest of his life.
    Virginia does have the death penalty...hang 'em high."yup:
    Yup. Sad..

Links