This happened near my friends house

This is a discussion on This happened near my friends house within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; West Linn woman interrupts home burglary WEST LINN, Ore. -- A West Linn woman returned home Monday afternoon to find a burglar inside. It happened ...

Thread: This happened near my friends house

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

This happened near my friends house

West Linn woman interrupts home burglary

WEST LINN, Ore. -- A West Linn woman returned home Monday afternoon to find a burglar inside. It happened in the 1700 block of Gallery Way. A police spokesperson said the woman did not realize anybody was inside the house until she saw her dog acting strange.

"She bent down to deal with the dog and heard a man's voice, a very deep voice, say 'Get on the ground,'" said Sgt. Neil Hennelly.

Hennelly said the woman dropped her groceries and bolted across the street to her neighbor's house.

"I was sitting in my chair watching television this afternoon and I heard a knock at the door and by the time I got to the door there was nobody here," said neighbor Terry Jones.

By the time Jones got to the door his neighbor was already knocking on another neighbor's door where she called 911. Police arrived quickly with a K-9 in tow.

"The dog led us north from the house to see if we could find the guy and we weren't able to find the guy," said Hennelly. "We had a pretty good perimeter set up, but we missed him."

Hennelly said burglaries are very unusual in West Linn, especially in broad daylight. That could explain the fear the homeowner felt.

"I can't imagine," said Jones. "Once this simmers down it's going to be even tougher on her."

Nearby neighbors planned to make adjustments.

"My wife came home and said I'm going to arm the place in the daytime, whenever she leaves," said neighbor Paul Adams.

Investigators said nothing was stolen from the house. If you know anything about the case you are urged to call the West Linn Police Department.
    This happened near my friend's house. Has her a little spooked. That part that says Nearby neighbors planned to make adjustments. I bolded. She has been talking with me about buying a gun, getting her concealed weapons permit, training, etc. I guess we all make different adjustments, eh?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    As its said quite often, its sad that it takes something like this close to home to get people to start taking their personal defense seriously, but I do hope for your friends sake she is OK, and will get/stay armed, and stay safe.

Here's hoping that's all it takes to send her over the line.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    "Hennelly said burglaries are very unusual in West Linn, especially in broad daylight. That could explain the fear the homeowner felt."

Really? What exactly does the frequency of burglaries in a community have to do with the fear an individual feels as they are being assaulted?

Good for you friend though. It sounds like she has opened her eyes and seen past the "it won't happen here" attitude that the police are reinforcing with their comments about the frequency of burglaries.
    Walk softly ...

Why she didn't have her alarm on when she is not home is beyond me...but glad she will do it now...she should also have a gun.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Yes she needs a gun and maybe a bigger dog that will do some chewing, glad she's ok
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    "Hennelly said burglaries are very unusual in West Linn, especially in broad daylight. That could explain the fear the homeowner felt."

Really? What exactly does the frequency of burglaries in a community have to do with the fear an individual feels as they are being assaulted?
    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Why she didn't have her alarm on when she is not home is beyond me...but glad she will do it now...she should also have a gun.
    Always start using your alarm system AFTER being burglarized...this saves 'wear and tear' on the system.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    Yes she needs a gun and maybe a bigger dog that will do some chewing, glad she's ok
    Agreed..lol.

Links