Poll: Are gun stores liable for gun crimes?

This is a discussion on Poll: Are gun stores liable for gun crimes? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I believe this is the proper forum for this. If not, please move. Hit it up, folks. http://views.washingtonpost.com/post...l?hpid=topnews...

Thread: Poll: Are gun stores liable for gun crimes?

Poll: Are gun stores liable for gun crimes?

I believe this is the proper forum for this. If not, please move.

Hit it up, folks.

http://views.washingtonpost.com/post...l?hpid=topnews

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    No......just like your car dealer isn't responsible if you get drunk & wreck your car.....or blaming fast food for you gut. The problem is the lack of personal responsibility for the choices you make!

You can see how fouled up our society is by the poll's results.....over 40% believe the dealer is responsible.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I can't believe that 40% of the respondents would say "yes." I've got wayyy too much faith in people.

Gun Stores, or "Big Boy Toy Stores", as I like to call them, are responsible the same way the Grocery Store is responsible for me putting on weight after I buy my Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream from them.

Biker

PS: I don't consume Ben & Jerry's libtard cream, I'm just using them to make a point.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    No......just like your car dealer isn't responsible if you get drunk & wreck your car.....or blaming fast food for you gut. The problem is the lack of personal responsibility for the choices you make!

You can see how fouled up our society is by the poll's results.....over 40% believe the dealer is responsible.

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

Its like saying the liquor store , which sold someone a bottle of whiskey, is somehow responsible for said person getting hammered, and killing someone.
    ASININE, at best.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Why stop there? Get the gun store, the delivery company that restocked them, the firearm AND bullet manufacturers both, their raw material suppliers... basically everybody involved in the chain from those who extract elements from the earth to the company who cleans the windows at the front of the gun shop. Then we can move on to the whole auto industry and spirits industry.

Ooooh, and baseball bat makers; those people are completely irresponsible for not selling bat-locks with every purchase.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

At least this pole has simple 'yes' and 'no' options unlike most firearm related polls.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Reminds me of another law or set of laws that hold bartenders responsible if someone over-consumes... NO ONE is forcing the individual to drink. TOTALLY wrong IMO.
    Four Rugers, three SIG Sauers; my SP101 3-1/16" .357 is shown in my avatar. I like reliability.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Don't give them any ideas, Jumpwing.

Voted!

Are gun stores responsible for crime?

No 63%

Yes 37%
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    PS: I don't consume Ben & Jerry's libtard cream, I'm just using them to make a point.
    I don't care how they vote, that Ice Cream is freaking delicious!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Absolutely not. Are the people who voted yes just completely retarded? If a judge can rule that fast food chains are not liable for making people fat (and they shouldn't be it's a personal choice) then gun stores definitely shouldn't be held liable for gun crimes.
    http://www.gunmerchantaccount.com
    Firearms Dealer Merchant Services

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post

My feelings exactly. Maybe I'm taking the easy way out depending on someone else reply, but in the end, it's going to save both of us a good amount of time and typing.

Links