Attempted Burglary gone wrong..lol.

This is a discussion on Attempted Burglary gone wrong..lol. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida homeowner is speaking out after three suspects broke into his home. Bill Walker said he was not ...

Thread: Attempted Burglary gone wrong..lol.

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida homeowner is speaking out after three suspects broke into his home.

Bill Walker said he was not at home at the time of the burglary. Walker said he was at work when three men broke into his home in the area of Southwest 262nd Street and 120th Court, Monday afternoon. "There were two cars parked in the driveway, I think we'd have to assume that the people that broke in were kind of stupid," said Walker.

Walker said his son Aaron was home at the time and he was armed with a weapon. Walker said the trio knocked on the door twice and then they jumped the fence in the backyard and broke in through the bedroom window. Walker said his son then sounded the alarm system and started shooting. "He took a couple shots at him, but he didn't shoot at them to kill them, he just shot at them to try to scare them off," Walker revealed.

After hearing the gunshots the suspects fled. One of the suspects ended up in Victor Rivera's yard. "I was in there laying down and my osn said, 'Someone got shot.' I came outside, assisted the kid and called 911," Rivera said.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue airlifted the wounded suspect to Jackson Memorial Hospital. Miami-Dade police said the three suspects are in custody and are facing several charges.

Walker said, "You better be careful whose house you break into, because you don't know who might be inside, and my son just happened to have a gun. Had I been home, I have shot guns, so it would have been a lot messier,"

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...25/#?autoStart

Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN)
    Walker said his son Aaron was home at the time and he was armed with a weapon. Walker said the trio knocked on the door twice and then they jumped the fence in the backyard and broke in through the bedroom window. Walker said his son then sounded the alarm system and started shooting. "He took a couple shots at him, but he didn't shoot at them to kill them, he just shot at them to try to scare them off," Walker revealed.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...25/#?autoStart
    Good for the son and homeowner, but based on his comments here (and really, throughout the article), he probably should've just kept his mouth shut.

Never fire warning shots,those rounds could end up killing an innocent or damaging property,If you shoot,shoot to stop the threat,once you fire a gun it doesn't matter what your intent was the action itself is deadly force
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sounds like it went right to me
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

It is a shame that the suspects are still using up our O2, but at least the homeowner's kid is O.K.
    I'm definitely getting 'crank' in my later years...no mercy for criminals...none!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Blind leading blind.

Oh well. The father apparently learned his son wrong but the story is once again the gun is the equalizer of good vs. equal.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    When you get shot in a burglary, that's a heck of a warning to not do it again.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I have shot guns, so it would have been a lot messier
    I love this comment.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Good for the son and homeowner, but based on his comments here (and really, throughout the article), he probably should've just kept his mouth shut.
    Agreed.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Never fire warning shots,those rounds could end up killing an innocent or damaging property,If you shoot,shoot to stop the threat,once you fire a gun it doesn't matter what your intent was the action itself is deadly force
    I agree with you!

"Had I been home, well, I have shotguns, so it would have been a lot messier" ... that was funny
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links