Puerto Rico

This is a discussion on Puerto Rico within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man with CCH permit kills 4 on the beach claiming self-defense. News are having a field-day with him, surprisingly people are siding with him. He ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

Man with CCH permit kills 4 on the beach claiming self-defense.

News are having a field-day with him, surprisingly people are siding with him.

He is expected to have a talk with the DA today at 5pm local.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I found this link to the story:

http://www.efenews.com/latinamerica/...n=1&id=1275873

Need to wait for more info on this one!
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

WOW, a lot going on there but little info. I'll wait also.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    Here's a very roughly translated (by Google) of one of PR's main newspapers, El Nuevo Dia: http://translate.google.com/translat...D%26ie%3DUTF-8

This link might not last longer than 24 hours since it's the main page for El Nuevo Dia.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Update:

CCW permit holder has been in to the DA’s office two days in a row, and still not a formal charge against him – DA has not yet decided if the CCW permit holder will be charged with Murder 1, Murder 2 or Manslaughter.

Event has become a hot-button issue throughout the island, with radio talk shows / E-news commenting about the need for people to be legally armed / carry or not.

Most of people still say it’s a good shoot and that the DAs office will have a hard time finding a jury to convict the CCW permit holder.

VIP Member
    I'm not surprised that many in PR are siding with the guy........the crime there has many fed up; I was there recently visiting my hospitalized mother and carried my issue P229 everywhere while off-duty.

Update:

Today the CCH permit holder was charged with 4 counts of Murder 1 and an unspecified "firearms law violation" charge.

An arrest warrant was issued and bail was set at $350,000.

Charges were made "in absentia" by order of the Commonwealth's DOJ Secretary.

On an unrelated event the island's Police Superintendent is now talking about reviewing the files of those with firearms licences and revoking them (the licences) if pertinent.

Assistant Administrator
    Not good

Still don't feel I have a full handle on the case but heck - they seem to want to crucify him.
    On an unrelated event the island's Police Superintendent is now talking about reviewing the files of those with firearms licences and revoking them (the licences) if pertinent.
    This also sucks - bit like UK Gov using an event as all the excuse they needed to clamp down.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Did he shoot two in the front and the other two in the back? Well until the whole story is out we won't know what really happened.
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

Various versions are coming up through the media; the most common one being the CCH permit holder killed all 4 inside a moving car after the vehicle’s occupants opened fire on the permit holder’s daughter. This all happened on a secluded, but jam packed beach (it was a local holiday), and again no one saw anything – only the permit holder’s family is making statements.

The permit holder is a business owner; the 4 on the car are young guys (age 18-22 I think) with rap sheets, who the media says had beaten the permit holder in front of his residence on a previous altercation, as the police report the permit holder filled out stated. The DA says there is enough evidence to charge him as the wounds of the 4 killed were defensive in nature and there was no gunpowder residue from the illegal weapon found inside the car.

Can’t really tell you how this story is going to end; there’s just not a lot of accurate info flowing relating to the case.

To make things worst for CCH permit holders, a big drug dealer was murdered recently and had some members of the legislature inquire about his health while he was at the ER. The media picked up this lead and found the drug dealer was issued a CCH permit even though he didn't qualify for it on the first place. The way the story is presented promotes the idea that CCH permit holders may have gotten their permits illegally.

Update - the guy on the above posts was charged with 4 counts of murder, bail was set and hearings already started. Theres a break for Xmas.

Dec 30, 2006 - 62 year old man that sells state's lottery tickets shot 1 perp of the three that attacked him at 6am when he was leaving his residence. Man was robed several times before, so requested a firearms license with the carry endorsement, got approved by the local courts, then used it to defend himself. Suspect that was shot is stable and in custody; 62 y/o man has not been charged by the DA at this time.

VIP Member
    Any criminal with half a brain knows those lottery vendors carry lots of cash after just even a couple of hours of being out in the street.

The News Media Will PLay With This...

Quote Originally Posted by cagueits View Post
    Various versions are coming up through the media; the most common one being the CCH permit holder killed all 4 inside a moving car after the vehicle’s occupants opened fire on the permit holder’s daughter. The permit holder is a business owner; the 4 on the car are young guys (age 18-22 I think) with rap sheets, who the media says had beaten the permit holder in front of his residence on a previous altercation, as the police report the permit holder filled out stated. The DA says there is enough evidence to charge him as the wounds of the 4 killed were defensive in nature and there was no gunpowder residue from the illegal weapon found inside the car.
    Although something is missing here...I sense that 4 thugs with an illegal weapon, got more than they bargained for...

I do know that Puerto Rico is not a very nice place, at least not like it used to be...I have friends from there...a lot of the problems there, are freely moving to FL (lots to Orlando)...stay tuned for more trouble...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I sense that 4 thugs with an illegal weapon, got more than they bargained for...
    Thats what I think, and most in the island think the same way, then there is the State Police superintendent and the antis, who just want to paint gun owners as inresponsible citizens. Ballistics reports for the incident came back all screwed up, so is the way the evidence was collected. Still, theres no telling what the jury/judge will say when the veredict comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    a lot of the problems there, are freely moving to FL (lots to Orlando)...stay tuned for more trouble...
    Sad but true, if it was up to me, I'll cut the island loose on its own and revoke us citizenship - those who want to remain a US citizen should have no problems in the application process to get US citizenship again (vets, people with good work history, retired, etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links