Bad/Good - Student shot in leg at OK State U. Students push for right to defense

This is a discussion on Bad/Good - Student shot in leg at OK State U. Students push for right to defense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From: http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13467872 STILLWATER, Oklahoma -- Police said they now have more information about what happened when an Oklahoma State University student was shot in the ...

Thread: Bad/Good - Student shot in leg at OK State U. Students push for right to defense

Bad/Good - Student shot in leg at OK State U. Students push for right to defense

STILLWATER, Oklahoma -- Police said they now have more information about what happened when an Oklahoma State University student was shot in the leg and robbed at a home near the campus late Monday night.

According to Stillwater police, officers were called to a shooting at a home at 417 S. Lincoln just south of the OSU campus. There officers found 20-year-old Kasey Cook had been shot in the leg.

Cook told police a man had been hiding in his home and shot him in the leg when he arrived home. Cook said he then tried to chase after the suspect, not knowing he had been shot, to try to regain his backpack. Police said the suspect dropped a laptop, and they recovered the stolen laptop a short distance from Cook's home.

The incident has many students pushing for the right to defend and protect themselves on campus. Adrienne O'Reilly is the founder of the OSU branch of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, a group advocating gun rights on campus.

O'Reilly said the shooting makes her fight even more worthwhile.

"Isn't now a good time to want to defend yourself on campus?" O'Reilly asked.
    Video: http://www.news9.com/Global/category...autostart=true

As the former Oklahoma director for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, I am both saddened and excited. I hate the fact that this student was shot. I hope the perpetrator is caught and punished justly and I hope the student makes a full recovery. However, I can't lie that I'm somewhat excited about the face-time the group is getting in the media because of this.

I have Adrienne on Facebook and we sent a few messages back and forth about her time with the media and what it might mean for the group. I'm hoping this pushes a lot of students off the proverbial fence.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It's too bad that it takes a shooting to get such "face time", but glad you're getting it none the less. Good luck.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Police only have a vague description of the suspect. The suspect is described as a black male about 6'2" tall with has dreadlocks.

Wow! He should be easy to find.
    With a firearm for SD, perhaps the perp could have been found just a few feet away...flat on his face.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am frequently in Stillwater on business. I hope they catch this guy soon.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Police only have a vague description of the suspect. The suspect is described as a black male about 6'2" tall with has dreadlocks.

Wow! He should be easy to find.
    With a firearm for SD, perhaps the perp could have been found just a few feet away...flat on his face.
    Oh yeah, there are "only" a few millions men that look like that . I think that it might be a little difficult to find the BG
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links