Bad: Felon buys gun on release from prison

This is a discussion on Bad: Felon buys gun on release from prison within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Plans for the day of my release: Get real clothes, get some money from the man, see my PO, get a job... nah.. Get clothes ...

Thread: Bad: Felon buys gun on release from prison

Bad: Felon buys gun on release from prison

Plans for the day of my release:

Get real clothes, get some money from the man, see my PO, get a job...

nah..

Get clothes , get money, get out, get gun, get caught, go back to jail....

Link
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

he must have realized he would never find a job in this economy and decided to go back to his 3 square meals a day
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Ok, this is confusing. So he went to jail the first time because his 14 year old son shot a friend? It sounds like Cox (the father) in this story had a previous record, even before his son shot his friend.

The part about him getting out and buying a .270, I get that part. It's all the preceeding stuff. These writers for the news obviously don't know how to put in specifics and write in a clear manner.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

journalism is a lost art
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I never heard of a magazine containing both "live and spent rounds".
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Ok, this is confusing. So he went to jail the first time because his 14 year old son shot a friend? It sounds like Cox (the father) in this story had a previous record, even before his son shot his friend.

The part about him getting out and buying a .270, I get that part. It's all the preceeding stuff. These writers for the news obviously don't know how to put in specifics and write in a clear manner.
    I think he was charged because the son, a minor, had access to the weapon and a death was caused by it (in addition to the other crimes after the shooting death). Much like some states will charge murder against accomplices of a crime if a death occurs, even if it was the good guy that brought about the death.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I never heard of a magazine containing both "live and spent rounds".
    ??? yeah... maybe he couldn't think of anywhere else to keep his spent shells? That is an oddity.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    This is my opinion. I know that they should have thought about it before they committ a felony but not all felons are violent. They just made the wrong decision and it's their first and only offense. Not all of them intend to get back to a life of crime. But until we give them a second chance, they will revert back to what they only know how to do, which is to rob and steal, and if it comes down to it, kill. I really can't blame or judge a parolee for ending up in prison again. Most of them just can't make it on the outside and going legit as long as society fails to help them in their transition to an orderly lifestyle. And not all of them had the right guidance when they grew up as we did. Put yourself in that situation and see how frustrating it is when you did your time as a non-violent first time felony offender. You paid your debt to society but unfortunately, you get any legit job because of that felony in your record. As a result, you'd do anything to get 3 square meals a day.
    Again, don't get me wrong, I am for the death penalty for convicted murderers and punishment to fit the crime. I am also for the right to self-defense and the 2nd Amendment.

It would have been only a matter of time until this useless 'drain on society' thug committed another crime.
    At least now he'll be in a safe place for a few more years, but I doubt he'll get any smarter.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Laws against felons owning guns are silly. If they're so dangerous, why are they even out of prison in the first place? Such laws miss the point entirely. It also unfairly excludes *all* felons, even though not all felonies are violent in nature.

rofl

Links