Breaking news: "Violence can happen anywhere. Criminals live everywhere." -- CNN

This is a discussion on Breaking news: "Violence can happen anywhere. Criminals live everywhere." -- CNN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was amazed to see this said by a reporter on CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/12/...ex.html?hpt=C1 It's too bad it sometimes takes a horrific case like this to ...

Thread: Breaking news: "Violence can happen anywhere. Criminals live everywhere." -- CNN

Breaking news: "Violence can happen anywhere. Criminals live everywhere." -- CNN

I was amazed to see this said by a reporter on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/12/...ex.html?hpt=C1

It's too bad it sometimes takes a horrific case like this to get people to understand...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

2. Remove Ads

Once convicted, both perps should be burned at the stake!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Too bad that CNN got only the first part of it right -- but failed to make the connection to the need for Self Defense.
    Last edited by DaveH; November 12th, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Blood for blood.The mofoing a holes who did this should be beaten and raped with baseball bats,then set on fire and strangled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Once convicted, both perps should be burned at the stake!
    Agreed. So sad this is.

GM
    This is horrible!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The BG's defense attorney had the nerve to ask for leniency for the defendant because he was abused as a child. I got news for the defense attorney, the killer needs to be severely abused as an adult. If they need someone to pull the switch or give the injection, I'm available. All the anti-gun politico's need to be present at the execution. Maybe a few could sit on his lap.
    Last edited by GunGeezer; November 12th, 2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling error.

I don't hold with the argument that perps should be given leniency because something happened to them in childhood. Everyone should know right from wrong (I believe we all know it intrinsically), and everyone is accountable for their own actions. The more this is drilled into people, the less able they will be to take shelter behind the argument that they deserve special privilege because of something that happened in childhood. I also was sickened when one of the attorneys in this case argued for life in prison instead of the death penalty for Hayes. I'm against life in prison for anyone who has committed murder; who knows but what some bleeding-heart judge will let that lifer go at some future time, on the basis of some yet-to-be-found excuse? I say get murderers off the planet as quickly as possible. They're a waste of resources.
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

When you make a decision to do these kinds of crimes, your childhood doesn't mean anything to me. Lots of mistreated kids make a life for themselves without doing bad things.
    There is no truly fitting punishment for either of these dirtbags, but a discontinued use of our O2 is top priority in my book.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    You guys need to stop coddling these criminals and come up with a punishment that isn't so lenient. Somewhere in the process I can envision being drawn and quartered.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Too bad Connecticut does not have a "Castle Doctrine" law, if the family had tried to defend themselves they would still be able to be sued!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Sad part is.....you and I know it's not 'breaking news'. Headlines are one thing.....for those whom choose to remain ignorant of the facts it's another. Time and time again. Warnings come in two ways, continued existence in the face of despair only happens one way. If you're not ready now, there's not much the media or anyone else can tell you. A white flag is for the ignorant, and there's no such thing as a truce when your life is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    When you make a decision to do these kinds of crimes, your childhood doesn't mean anything to me. Lots of mistreated kids make a life for themselves without doing bad things.
    There is no truly fitting punishment for either of these dirtbags, but a discontinued use of our O2 is top priority in my book.
    I personally like this reply.
    In some ways, I'd like to see public hangings again. Much more humane than a firing squad I think. Would be (or career) criminals need to be sent a stronger message than what they are getting right now. The psychologists, and the lawyers need to go fishing for a while while we take care of business like it should be and in a timely manner.

Links