The Petit Murders: Why You and Yours Need A Gun

The Petit Murders: Why You and Yours Need A Gun

This is a discussion on The Petit Murders: Why You and Yours Need A Gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://townhall.com/columnists/DougG...gun/page/full/ Got this amazing e-mail from a conservative blogger from Townhall dot com detailing the horror of the Connecticut home invasion robbery/rape/murder of nearly an ...

Exclamation The Petit Murders: Why You and Yours Need A Gun

http://townhall.com/columnists/DougG...gun/page/full/

Got this amazing e-mail from a conservative blogger from Townhall dot com detailing the horror of the Connecticut home invasion robbery/rape/murder of nearly an entire family. A beautiful mom and two lovely daughters. Butchered in an act of unimaginable evil. The only thing that could possibly have stopped this from happening would have been if the family had been well armed and trained to use their firearms. Well DUH.

Does it take this kind of tragedy to wake up the populace to the reality that real evil dwells and walks among us? I'm watching a new series right now called "The Walking Dead" about our world overrun with zombies, able to be killed only by a brain shot. Great series but a sort of teaching point, too. The "creatures" can't be rehabilitated and they can't be reasoned with. They want only to kill and to feed. They can only be stopped one way... That certainly describes the monsters who "fed" on that family in Connecticut.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Been watching the news channel, there is another mother and 3 kids gone missing; one daughter found bound and gaged in the basement of the "suspects" home.

ALWAYS BE ARMED!!

OD*
    That is just sickening.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I've followed the case fairly closely. It's so disturbing I find it difficult to think about very much...with that said, a gun isn't the only thing Dr. Petit should have had. First, he should have locked his doors. Yes, the doors were unlocked. Second, he should have had a good alarm system, he certainly could have afforded it. Third, he should have had a dog. Some folks don't like dogs, I know. Get over it. Even a small, yappy dog could have saved the day. They are an early warning system, which might have allowed Petit to wake up and then get a gun. Instead, the BGs woke him up with a bat to the head. Kind of late to do anything at that point. My heart goes out to the man, I have two daughters myself. Hopefully his sacrifice won't be in vain and others can draw some lessons learned from this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    I've followed the case fairly closely. It's so disturbing I find it difficult to think about very much...with that said, a gun isn't the only thing Dr. Petit should have had. First, he should have locked his doors. Yes, the doors were unlocked. Second, he should have had a good alarm system, he certainly could have afforded it. Third, he should have had a dog. Some folks don't like dogs, I know. Get over it. Even a small, yappy dog could have saved the day. They are an early warning system, which might have allowed Petit to wake up and then get a gun. Instead, the BGs woke him up with a bat to the head. Kind of late to do anything at that point. My heart goes out to the man, I have two daughters myself. Hopefully his sacrifice won't be in vain and others can draw some lessons learned from this tragedy.
    Oww yeah someone hates dogs, is terrified of them or allergic. Yet they should still get one. Toughen it up people, it will make your life miserable but there is the off chance it can protect you. Hate to say it but you should caulk that under the bad advice column.

good article

Deuce is 100% on point in his assessment, statement of now completely known case facts (Dr. Petit was taking a nap at night on his porch when he was ambushed) and advisorys.

This editorial, not an article, is nothing more than a rant that has been said and told many times over here at this board alone among the multiple Petit case related threads and postings.

For more info on this case per the evidence provided toward the first killers conviction go here;

Crimesider
    September 23, 2010 10:52 AM
    Petit Family Murder Trial: New Evidence, testimony Paints Graphic Picture of Conn. Home Invasion
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...72-504083.html

The house they picked had a light on the rear porch, and police say Hayes told them they saw a man, Hawke-Petit's husband Dr. William Petit, sleeping on a couch on the porch. Komisarjevsky allegedly hit him four or five times with a baseball bat they found at the home.
    They found him lying outside in an open unsecured area well after midnight only to assault and beat him into unconsciousness with his own weaponized (!) tools as they found lying around his property.

Things will get even uglier as the upcoming trial of the second killer and all around view alpha dog of this duo goes to court.
    Accused Petit Murderer Joshua Komisarjevsky: 'I Lost Control' and 'Enjoyed It'
    Steven Hayes' Accomplice Calls Michaela Petit the 'Angel of My Nightmares'
    By KAITLYN FOLMER and EMILY FRIEDMAN
    NEW HAVEN, Conn. Oct. 19, 2010
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/petit-murde...ry?id=11916557
    "A confessed burglar said he "lost control" while beating Dr. William Petit with a bat before going on to murder Petit's wife and two daughters and admitted he started to "enjoy it," according to his journal entries read in court today....

Komisarjevsky said that he "resented" the implication that he raped Michaela and wrote that he had "spared her that degree of demoralization." Admitting that he did in fact sexually assault her, Komisarjevsky wrote, "In a vulgar display of power, I ejaculated onto her."

"As for why? It was the accumulation of years of pent up aggression," he wrote.

Komisarjevsky admits in the journal to taking photos of Michaela after the assault, images he wrote that he planned to use to blackmail her parents.

"What I was not prepared for was my demons getting the better of me," he wrote.

Hayley was the fighter of the family, according to Komisarjevsky, who claimed the father was "passive" toward saving his family.

"If you don't want to defend your family, then take your chances with the criminal while police sit outside and follow protocol," wrote Komisarjevsky...

"I am what I am and make no excuses," he wrote. "I am a criminal with a criminal's mind, and my anticipated death sentence will be a sentence of mercy."...

In his journals Komisarjevsky claims that once he started beating Dr. Petit it "released a leash too hard to rein back in."

"I was faced with the shocking realization that in some respects, I enjoy it," he wrote. "They were experiencing what I experience every day."...
    This is just one case among very many before, current and to come.
    It's not even the most heinous of such type crimes by historical record.

So yeah, know what you are dealing with.

These people out there are real.
    They exist. They mean to do people like us very real harm, with no sense of functional remorse nor humanity...Just twisted mentally ill thoughts and unbridled sub-human emotion to guide them in their actions.
    They do not even fear their own death but rather look on to it as being for them some sort of release, freedom if you will, from a life to their view & experience of being a tortured soul.

In other areas of this forum, among many others, folks often refer to imaginary post apocalyptic style handling and security management against 'zombies'.
    Well guess what folks; Zombies they are real and have been since man first assaulted so as to kill another man.
    Modern day zombies, the look like this...

Komisarjevsky & Hayes

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Links