Bad: compliance doesn't work.

This is a discussion on Bad: compliance doesn't work. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And the logic for not having the death penalty for a POS like this is........? So sad for the victims and their families . There ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad: compliance doesn't work.

Angry

And the logic for not having the death penalty for a POS like this is........? So sad for the victims and their families . There is no value what so ever for this guys life. Two defenseless women dead and this slime goes smiling into court and we pay to keep him alive.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I think he has value... as fertilizer.
    Overstatement of value can constitute fraud.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

He was wearing a mask and the ladies were cooperative, so killing them was just for the thrill of it.
    He's a monster disguised as a smiley-faced teen.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Hold on a sec - this punk POS walks in, points a gun and makes a demand. What, exactly, was Bowman-Hall or Myers supposed to do?

I take a dim view of blaming the victim. He had the drop on them. Their best bet was to just give him what he wanted.

Same thing if you were shopping at one of those stores, and you paid, and walked out the door and right there some clown is standing with a shotgun pointed at you and says, "gimme the wallet." Your chance of a draw from OC or CC succeeding is less than just handing over the cash. Same in this case. It wasn't "compliance," it was trying to stay alive.

Hope he gets life and does hard time all the way.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I don't think anyone is bashing the victims. They're simply pointing to a glaring flaw in the advice offered by many gungrabbers and, sadly, LE leaders.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I'll bet Swanson either had a bad childhood, or he was just turning his life around...right after the third murder.
    Hang 'em hign, after a quick, fair trial...of course.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Hold on a sec - this punk POS walks in, points a gun and makes a demand. What, exactly, was Bowman-Hall or Myers supposed to do?

I take a dim view of blaming the victim. He had the drop on them. Their best bet was to just give him what he wanted.

Same thing if you were shopping at one of those stores, and you paid, and walked out the door and right there some clown is standing with a shotgun pointed at you and says, "gimme the wallet." Your chance of a draw from OC or CC succeeding is less than just handing over the cash. Same in this case. It wasn't "compliance," it was trying to stay alive.

Hope he gets life and does hard time all the way.
    Choices:

1. Die like a mouse; BG free to kill again.
    2. Die but take the BG with you; BG does no more harm.
    3. Interrupt his OODA, gain the advantage, use crazy video game ninja skills, and survive; BG probably does no more harm.
    4. One or both of you wounded but do not die; BG probably does no more harm.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    “Anytime something like this strikes a community, there is a wake up call that no matter where you are or what you’re doing that safety is your top priority,” Holmes said.
    Mr. Holmes, any thoughts on how to accomplish that?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

It's a shame, Iowa cannot give him a quick ride in "Old Smokey" they retired at Nebraska State Pen.

Obviously the pitfall of compliance. Unarmed or armed, these days no matter if you comply or not the likelyhood seems to be getting attacked by the perp. They place no value on anyone but themselves and what they want from others.

This is the reason why so many of us are beginning to arm ourselves, carry and protect our lives from evil scum suckers such as this.

Laws against someone killing in the commission of a robbery do not deter the killer they only help clean up the mess afterwards. Yet our "elected" officials and other pie-in-the-sky Liberal leaning folks seem to think that if you give the robber what they want, you will be safe. This is not true under any circumstances.

I would perefer that all of us stay armed and "comply" with an injection of hot searing lead when confronted by any robber.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I would perefer that all of us stay armed and "comply" with an injection of hot searing lead when confronted by any robber.
    I agree.

3D
    So disturbingly sad for the victims and their families. I am so outraged by this kind of atrocity. When I was a kid in Southeast Washington, D.C. the attendants at these kind of convenience stores was behind 1 inch thick polycarbonate plastic with only a slot big enough for dollar bills. Why don't they do that any more?

Re: Compliance; shockwave's points notwithstanding, I have to do my best to destroy the threat. Complying doesn't seem to diminish the threat any more.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Here are some good shots of the "remorseful" clean-cut young man. Doesn't look any different from any other 17 YO kid... if it weren't for the stripes in the lead photo, you'd think he was saying hi to friends on his way into class.

Slide show

These towns that he hit in Iowa are rural... about 5000 poulation. Anywhere, any time, any body.

Compliance is not an option.
    Speaking very seriously he likely is suffering from diagnosable yet undiagnosed mental illness.
    Not an excuse for his actions and subsequent as shown demeanor...Just a reflection toward cause.

Once again yet another example of a real life _zombie_.
    These things (!) are everywhere. Among us and they have ability to think, walk, talk and run rather than shuffle appearing to be just like 'us'.

Zombies, Dr, Jekyl & Mr. Hyde type transformers...and Predators, they are all real rather than exclusive domain of fiction books, TV and movies.

IMHO anyone who works among public centers of specific type as these two victims did, with no regard to time of day, they should be armed.
    Period.

- Robert A. Heinlen
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Speaking very seriously he likely is suffering from diagnosable yet undiagnosed mental illness.
    Not an excuse for his actions and subsequent as shown demeanor...Just a reflection toward cause.

I'll agree with that. But, we still see a lot of the latest generation that are of such an entitlement mentality, that this behavior is not out of the realm of possibility for them to get what they want; "certifiable" or not.

Also, as an update... this young man was on parole for theft, police have had run-ins with him before... So, there probably is a recurrent theme here, and may well have to do with his mental acuity. It's too bad "the system" didn't catch it, and keep him, if they could.

more details
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

Also, as an update... this young man was on parole for theft, police have had run-ins with him before... So, there probably is a recurrent theme here, and may well have to do with his mental acuity. It's too bad "the system" didn't catch it, and keep him, if they could.
    Sir, IMO the bold text above is the new reality in our nation. In my observation over the past 50+ years, the trend has been 'the revolving door' judicial/penal system. I wonder how demoralizing it is for LE to keep picking up the same thugs time after time knowing they'll be out again to do it more . . . until it eventually escalates into this type of severe and tragic consequence.

I'm thinking we've reached critical mass on this issue. Ya' know the more crime and violence we're willing to put up with, the more crime and violence we're goin' to get to put up with! Our 'guvment' and its legal system is at . . . er uhh, ahem . . please excuse me. I'm seriously off topic here. . . sorry.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links