Bad: compliance doesn't work.

This is a discussion on Bad: compliance doesn't work. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by 3D Sir, IMO the bold text above is the new reality in our nation. In my observation over the past 50+ years, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad: compliance doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Sir, IMO the bold text above is the new reality in our nation. In my observation over the past 50+ years, the trend has been 'the revolving door' judicial/penal system. I wonder how demoralizing it is for LE to keep picking up the same thugs time after time knowing they'll be out again to do it more . . . until it eventually escalates into this type of severe and tragic consequence.

I'm thinking we've reached critical mass on this issue. Ya' know the more crime and violence we're willing to put up with, the more crime and violence we're goin' to get to put up with! Our 'guvment' and its legal system is at . . . er uhh, ahem . . please excuse me. I'm seriously off topic here. . . sorry.
    Not way off topic... after all what we've seen with the judicial/penal system comes from the "compliance" of the masses (all of us)... the criminal has more rights. The prosecutors want more convictions (which means more deals and pleas to lesser charges) so that we will re-elect them; or, if that is not an elected position, re-elect their boss so that they keep their job.

"We the people" also want lower taxes. So one of the first things that get cut is the prison system... So, we have antiquated prisons, and the prisoners have rights, and we cannot house them all... so you have to let some out, or you are violating the criminal's "civil rights." We can't make prisoners do real work any more, that violates their rights. And on and on, in a "death spiral."

Questions:

• Is a prison really over-crowded if you can still get the gates shut?
    • Why can't we put prisoners on chain/work gangs any more? (Costs of more guards for this would be offset by money saved on municipal improvement projects currently spent on contractors; some of whom hire ex cons anyway.)
    • Why can't prisoners only have access to their bedroom(cell) for 8 hours a day, for sleeping only? Work them in shifts... That's not cruel and unusual punishment, factories all over this country run around the clock in shifts.

There are hundreds of questions like this. It's just sad that this "kidiot" who obviously has problems, got out of the system without treatment. Not that he would have been "cured" but perhaps institutionalized instead of running amok.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Very sad, and angering. This 17-year-old threw away three lives; unfortunately the one that really deserves to be taken is the only one which wasn't.

s for me in this case, I'll appear to comply until I have an opportunity to take the fight to them.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Distraction, Catch them off guard, offer them something they are maybe not aware of, and get them to relax, and the pow!

To go down W/O a fight is senseless.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

This is perfect! Completely depressing,but this is just what i need for all the anti-carry people who think compliance will solve all problems.I will bookmark.Just wish i could convince them with a non-death scenario.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I think he has value... as fertilizer.
    Indeed.

Use a wood chipper.

Feet First.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links