'Ugly Betty' actor charged with sword murder

This is a discussion on 'Ugly Betty' actor charged with sword murder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/24/...ex.html?hpt=T2 Lesson for me: LEOs have families too. They can't be expected to barge into who knows what situation. Therefore, I will carry because I ...

Thread: 'Ugly Betty' actor charged with sword murder

'Ugly Betty' actor charged with sword murder

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/24/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Lesson for me: LEOs have families too. They can't be expected to barge into who knows what situation. Therefore, I will carry because I will go through that door if my family is on the other side.

Neighbors said police arrived at the building quickly following reports of a disturbance, but questioned how long it took authorities to actually enter the apartment.

Neighbor Gregory Clare, who lives in Brea's apartment building, told CNN affiliate NY1 that "for about 45 minutes, [police] didn't follow through [in entering the apartment]."

But New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said during a news conference officers were following police procedures.

"When there is a barricade situation, responding patrol officers, if possible, wait for emergency service officers to come," he said.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

2. Remove Ads

Talk about denial Wife is dead,Son in apartment with Sword,My son would never do that.Sure looks like he did Daddy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Talk about denial Wife is dead,Son in apartment with Sword,My son would never do that.Sure looks like he did Daddy
    Yeah, what's up with this?

First, I don't understand people's desire to yap on TV in the middle of a pretty big family crisis.

Second, what is the deal with these parents always claiming that it couldn't be their kid, etc.? Is it symptomatic of bad families? Or do all parents do this in the moment? I don't get it.

I also see this to a lesser degree at school or kid's sports. Some parents will stick their head in the sand and defend the kid at all costs and against all evidence. Sure you have to defend your kid, but this kind of behavior sends the wrong message to the kid and is super bad in the long run. Just my opinion...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Is it just me or does it seem a lot of childhood actors have issues?

His future acting career is going to include playing the role of a 'cute date'...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; November 26th, 2010 at 08:18 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links