Hollow points are controversial - CNN

This is a discussion on Hollow points are controversial - CNN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/cele...ex.html?hpt=T2 Hollow-point bullets are controversial because the slug is designed to expand after it enters a body, causing greater damage to tissue than a solid ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollow points are controversial - CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/cele...ex.html?hpt=T2

Hollow-point bullets are controversial because the slug is designed to expand after it enters a body, causing greater damage to tissue than a solid bullet.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

The "controversy" about hollow points ended over a decade ago, at least for anyone familiar with firearms. Any remaining controversy exists in the mind of the ill-informed or uneducated.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The "controversy" about hollow points ended over a decade ago, at least for anyone familiar with firearms. Any remaining controversy exists in the mind of the ill-informed or uneducated.
    [sarcasm] How can that be? This is on the front page of CNN! [/sarcasm]
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

I haven't heard any discussion on HP's for 50 yrs. Where did they dig this up ?

Yell, and a bullet is made to kill and cause damage ..... so the point is ? No one is trying to make that deer a pet. That's like saying knives shouldn't have a sharp blade , they may cut someone or something. There is no such thing as a "PC" or "nice" way to be shot.

My God... is the world that upside down ?
    Last edited by Eagleks; November 28th, 2010 at 12:20 AM.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I guess there's a lot of controversy in my house, then.

Corbon DPX FTW.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    The story should include that most, if not all, police departments in the US use hollowpoint handgun ammunition.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Hollow-point bullets are controversial because the slug is designed to expand after it enters a body, causing greater damage to tissue than a solid bullet.

Okay, and your point is?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Methinks it is only controversial because it is CNN, MSNBC probably thinks so as well.

VIP Member
    Maybe they wrote the story in New Jersey.

GM
    The "controversy" about hollow points ended over a decade ago ...
    That is correct.

Any remaining controversy exists in the mind of the ill-informed or uneducated.
    ... or journalists
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Yep, that's why I use them!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Hollow point, full metal jacket or round nose lead bullet, if you get shot 3 times in the chest, twice in the shoulder and twice in the back you are going to die no matter what ammo the perpetrator uses. Therefore, it is stupid that the article claims that the Hollow Point bullets were the main reason the victim died. Nothing but an article intended to incite "anti-gun" sentiments in the public.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Duh! I think somebody missed the whole point. I'll say it again, "You Can't Fix Stupid"
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

It isn't exactly the Liberal Media that says hollow points are not good. There are others as well.

My step-son's concealed permit instructor said the usage of them was not legal in Kentucky where he lives and has permit. Step-son called the local Sheriff's office and they said there is no law against using them, period.

The Anti's never sleep and won't be happy until we end up like Canada, Great Britian, Australia and a whole host of other "progressive banning guns" countries so we will be safe.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    This just in:

Serrated knives are designed to cut flesh faster than non-serrated blades. Cows everywhere are calling for a ban on these flesh tearing implements of terror. Mr. Moo-ney, cow spokesman of New York City said, "It is a sad day in America when sows have to worry about their lambs being on the street with serrated blades in every kitchen." Legislation is under review in congress to limit assault knives. New safety standards call for 10 teeth per inch; a reduction from the current deadly standard of 30 teeth per inch, prohibit handles that fully enclose the knife tang, and prohibit knives with a folding handle.

The UTW (United Turkey Workers Union) has asked for a ban of automatic machine knives. "These knives allow for several back and forth motions for each trigger pull and are a danger to young turkeys everywhere. They allow hungary Americans to butcher turkeys in record time and numbers. We Must Ban them Now".

The ATF has been working to regulate knife sales for decades now, but they tell us of the Chicken Coup Loophole, "Illegal immigrant chickens, who are in the business of egg smuggling, can enter the anonymity of the chicken coup and purchase these assault knives for cash. They then go on to use said knives for terrorism and to further their black-market egg trade, we recently received another 2-billion dollar federal grant to combat the problem in operation Cracked-Yoke", said ATF spokesman Colonial Sanders.

:p
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links