Another Foiled Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Another Foiled Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FORT SMITH, Ark. -- Detectives said a suspect was shot to death after an attempted home invasion robbery. The Fort Smith police said at 7:30 ...

Thread: Another Foiled Home Invasion

Another Foiled Home Invasion

FORT SMITH, Ark. -- Detectives said a suspect was shot to death after an attempted home invasion robbery. The Fort Smith police said at 7:30 Friday night a man wearing a mask entered the home at 8401 S. 30th Circle in Fort Smith demanding prescription medicine. Police said he came in through the front door, which was unlocked.

The homeowner told police the suspect flashed a gun, causing him to pull a gun of his own. The homeowner shot and killed the suspect. There were three other people in the home at the time of the incident, police said.

Detectives said the investigation is still in its preliminary stages, but as of now they are not anticipating any charges against the homeowner.

Det. Sgt. Anthony Bowers said, "Preliminary investigation suggests maybe it was a justified shooting. In self-defense."

Police said the investigation will be turned over to the prosecuting attorney for review.

http://www.4029tv.com/r/25929704/detail.html

2. Remove Ads

Right now there are two stories on the front page of CNN about Good Guys getting shot. Why don't they ever put the ones about Bad Guys getting shot there?

Drives me crazy...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by waketurb007 View Post
    FORT SMITH, Ark. -- Detectives said...a man wearing a mask entered the home...demanding prescription medicine...the suspect flashed a gun...the homeowner shot and killed the suspect...they are not anticipating any charges against the homeowner.
    This took a lot of time to figure out?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I live in Fort Smith and we are seeing a rise in home invasions. What makes me sick is that I left Las Vegas to get away from this crap.

We had another home invasion about three weeks ago where the BG got away. Most concerning it was within 1/2 mile from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    I live in Fort Smith and we are seeing a rise in home invasions. What makes me sick is that I left Las Vegas to get away from this crap.

We had another home invasion about three weeks ago where the BG got away. Most concerning it was within 1/2 mile from my house.
    Get yourself one of these signs...

2A-sign.jpg
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

If the trend of homeowners taking out home invaders continues, I only see two possible alternatives. Home invasions will drop, or the invaders will start shooting as they come in the door.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I love happy endings.

Originally Posted by waketurb007
    FORT SMITH, Ark. -- Detectives said...a man wearing a mask entered the home...demanding prescription medicine...the suspect flashed a gun...the homeowner shot and killed the suspect...they are not anticipating any charges against the homeowner.

Well, all of the steps are in the right order, I think we can close this one out!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Looking for prescription drugs in all the wrong places, pretty soon if not already pharmacists will be armed in their stores (Good For The Homwowner)
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Well, all's well that ends well. Another good outcome, and no wasting away in a stinking prison cell at taxpayers expense. No learning new bad habits in prison. Just the big dirt nap. A fitting end to an armed criminals existence.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This took a lot of time to figure out?
    It's Arkansas
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    If the trend of homeowners taking out home invaders continues, I only see two possible alternatives. Home invasions will drop, or the invaders will start shooting as they come in the door.
    Some already try to mimic "no knock" entries, don't they?

Links