VERY BAD: Gunman holding 23 students hostage in Wis. school

This is a discussion on VERY BAD: Gunman holding 23 students hostage in Wis. school within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...eacher-hostage A Marinette High School classroom of 23 students and one teacher is being held hostage tonight by a student armed with a handgun, Marinette ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VERY BAD: Gunman holding 23 students hostage in Wis. school

Distinguished Member

VERY BAD: Gunman holding 23 students hostage in Wis. school

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...eacher-hostage

A Marinette High School classroom of 23 students and one teacher is being held hostage tonight by a student armed with a handgun, Marinette police chief Jeff Skorik said at a press conference. No injuries were reported this evening.

Too bad that one teacher isn't allowed to protect themselves, he/she could of dropped this dirtbag early.

2. Remove Ads

Too bad it cannot be ended with a sniper...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Too bad it cannot be ended with a sniper...
    That is also my initial feeling. That said I hope that they can settle it without that for the hostages sake. It is not a pretty sight and can be life altering to see someone with their head blown away. At the first sign of the hostage taker threating to do harm the green light should be given but again I hope it does not come to that.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Gun free zones are often the scenes of tragedy.

Law abiding faculty/staff who would desire to carry concealed weapons should be allowed to if they wish, and should be encouraged. As we all know full well that one person who lawfully possesses a gun can stop crime. It has happened before in a high school where the assist. principal went to his car to retrieve a gun and stopped a shooting spree from getting worse. Imagine how much damage he could have stopped if he didn't have to run to his car to retrieve his pistol.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member

CNN - weighss in

CNN - weighs in with "Handgun toting"

http://tinyurl.com/23p8zbg

(CNN) -- A handgun-toting student is holding 23 classmates and a teacher hostage inside a room at a northeast Wisconsin high school, police said Monday night.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Too bad nobody told this student WI doesn't allow the firearm within 1000ft of the school. Student apparently took the hostages at the END of a western civilization class at 3:48pm. He was not known to have any outstanding behavioral issues, hopefully the negotiators will be able to talk him down.

Glock Certified Armorer

VERY GOOD: All hostages have been released within the last ten minutes.

Glock Certified Armorer

Distinguished Member
    Very good news!

VIP Member
    http://tinyurl.com/2aqtg8o

MARINETTE, Wis. —
    Authorities say two dozen people have been released from a Wisconsin high school classroom where a student armed with a handgun had held them hostage.

The office of Emergency Management Director Eric Burmeister says all 23 students and a teacher who were taken hostage about 3 p.m. Monday were released unharmed more than five hours later.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Any info on how they ended it?.........Very glad ALL hostages were released, hopefully there will be more news soon
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    http://tinyurl.com/2fw8tsy

All of the hostages were released unharmed after about five hours. The student shot himself after police officers entered the room, Chief Jeff Skorik of the Marinette police said. He was taken to a hospital, and his condition was not immediately known.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Authorities were attempting to determine where the teen got the weapons and how he managed to get them into the school, he said.
    Here's a clue, someone left the FRONT DOOR UNLOCKED and he walked in with the rest of the students.

Sheesh....
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

The only reason all those kids survived is because of the "mercy" of the dude. He could've easily killed them all in that gun free zone.

Strange, I feel like I haven't seen a "traditional" hostage situation in so long. I was beginning to wonder whether hostage negotiation was a bad career choice nowadays.

VIP Member
    He popped off rounds in the room and as the team entered he picked up another handgun and put it to his head, an officer was grabbing his arm as he pulled the trigger

so sad, I hope we never get that call here but we train every year for responding to active shooter situations
    we have liason officers at all of our high schools and jr high school, its almost a sad reality today that they are needed at more schools

once again a law does not prevent a tragic event, the people in the school were sitting ducks and there is only one way to effectively handle this situation....and that is equal or superior force; and the most effective way to quickly stop these situations is people with the equal or superior force at the point of attack
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder View Post
    Here's a clue, someone left the FRONT DOOR UNLOCKED and he walked in with the rest of the students.

Sheesh....
    theyre probably trying to figure out how he got them in past the no firearms signs....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links