Good, Serial Killer Of Eleven Children Denied Parole, Again.

Good, Serial Killer Of Eleven Children Denied Parole, Again.

This is a discussion on Good, Serial Killer Of Eleven Children Denied Parole, Again. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Clifford Olson, one of Canada's most notorious serial killers, has been denied parole for the second time in four years and says he won't try ...

Thread: Good, Serial Killer Of Eleven Children Denied Parole, Again.

VIP Member

Thumbs up Good, Serial Killer Of Eleven Children Denied Parole, Again.

Clifford Olson, one of Canada's most notorious serial killers, has been denied parole for the second time in four years and says he won't try again to win his freedom.

The National Parole Board announced its decision in a one-hour hearing Tuesday at Canada's highest-security institution, in Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, Que.

"This is the final time; never again," said Olson, 70.

As he left the room, he declared, "And, I'm out."

Olson is serving 11 concurrent life sentences for the murders of eight girls and three boys in B.C.'s Lower Mainland in the early 1980s. The victims were between the ages of nine and 18.
    Olson would reoffend: parole officer

The board agreed with a Correctional Services Canada assessment that Olson is too dangerous to be released.

Raymond King wears a ribbon and photo in memory of his son Ray King Jr. and other children who were victims of Clifford Olson. King spoke to the media following Olson's parole hearing on Tuesday.Raymond King wears a ribbon and photo in memory of his son Ray King Jr. and other children who were victims of Clifford Olson. King spoke to the media following Olson's parole hearing on Tuesday. (Graham Hughes/Canadian Press) Olson's caseworkers told the parole board Tuesday that he has shown no progress since he last sought parole in 2006.

They presented a psychological assessment describing him as a narcissistic, anti-social, psychopath and pedophile who continues to show no remorse for his crimes.

The board was told he has refused to work with mental health professionals or participate in other forms of rehabilitation.

"If he was to reoffend, it would be in a violent manner," said parole officer Geneviève Theriault.

Before the decision was announced, Olson told the board he didn't expect parole, but was exercising his right to a hearing.

"I'm here because I have a right to appear," he said. "I'm not asking the board for parole, because I know I'm going to be turned down."

Olson gave the board an affidavit stating he would no longer participate in any future parole hearings.

Board officials said the affidavit means little as Olson can change his mind in two years when his right to an eligibility hearing comes up again.
    Families still haunted by murders

Relatives of Olson's victims filled the hearing room, with many travelling from as far away as British Columbia, where the crimes took place.

In their victim impact statements, they told the board that they continue to be affected by what Olson did.

Clifford Olson leaves the provincial courthouse in Chilliwack, B.C., on Aug. 8, 1981. The serial killer was denied parole Tuesday.Clifford Olson leaves the provincial courthouse in Chilliwack, B.C., on Aug. 8, 1981. The serial killer was denied parole Tuesday. (Nick Didlick/Canadian Press-UPC) Sharon Rosenfeldt, whose 16-year-old son, Daryn Johnsrude, was sexually assaulted and killed, told the board Olson does not deserve a chance at freedom.

She said the only thing more bizarre than Olson's antics is the system that gives him a right to a parole hearing.

At his last parole hearing in 2006, officials declared Olson presented a "clear and present danger" to the public and agreed with correctional staff that he would surely murder again if released.

A hearing two years ago was abruptly cancelled.

The federal government reintroduced legislation in 2010 that would make it tougher for multiple murderers to get parole.

But murder cases that happened before the legislation aren't affected.
    Journalist helps Olson during hearing

In a bizarre twist, Toronto Sun columnist Peter Worthington acted as Olson's assistant Tuesday, passing documents to the convicted serial killer.

Worthington made a statement at the hearing that he had agreed to undertake the job at Olson's request. The two have been communicating for more than 20 years.

Worthington said if it were up to him, Olson would have faced execution for his crimes.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?...pid=1674635873

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...e-hearing.html
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

This piece of crap should have been executed, or sentenced to Life Without Parole! Why put the families through this every four years?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    What do you have to do in Canada to get life without parole? I assume there is no death penalty?

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    . . . She said the only thing more bizarre than Olson's antics is the system that gives him a right to a parole hearing.
    Says it all right there IMO.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    This piece of crap should have been executed, or sentenced to Life Without Parole! Why put the families through this every four years?
    I agree.... minimally "life" should at least meant that ... and no opportunity ever for parole. Personally, I think the death penalty would be better.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsored Links