Man sentenced to death for Petit home invasion murders

This is a discussion on Man sentenced to death for Petit home invasion murders within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/02...urders/?hpt=T2 Only problem I have with this is that he'll be on death row for 20 or 30 years Steven Hayes, convicted of a brutal ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man sentenced to death for Petit home invasion murders

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/02...urders/?hpt=T2

Only problem I have with this is that he'll be on death row for 20 or 30 years

Steven Hayes, convicted of a brutal 2007 home invasion in which a Connecticut mother and her two daughters were killed, was sentenced Thursday to die for the crime.

In a strong and clear voice, the judge sentences Hayes to death on each of the six capital felonies.

"This is a terrible sentence. But in truth it is a sentence you wrote for yourself in flames on July 23, 2007 . . . your fate is now in the hands of others. May God have mercy on your soul."

A jury found Hayes guilty of killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her daughters - 7-year-old Hayley Petit and 11-year-old Michaela Petit - in their Cheshire, Connecticut, home in 2007.

It recommended that Hayes, 47, should die for his role in the deaths.

"The impact of these crimes against our family is like the impact of a bomb going off in your house . . ." William Petit, who survived the crime said. "I awoke to a confused terror . . . I'll always remember my father's face when I asked about the girls, and he just shook his head fro side to side and sobbed . . . Our home was no more . . ."

Hayes' lawyer, Thomas Ullman, said he was not surprised by the jury's decision - and that Hayes was actually pleased with the outcome.

"He wants to die," said Ullman last month. "He has categorized this process as suicide by state. He was unable to kill himself in prison and saw this as a way for the state to kill him."

Prosecutors alleged Hayes and co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky invaded the home of Dr. William Petit on July 23, 2007, beat and tied up Petit, raped and strangled Hawke-Petit, molested one of their daughters and set the house on fire before attempting to flee.

Komisarjevsky will be tried separately later.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

he might die of old age before executed
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Should do it like the Chinese! Bullet in the head immediately and send the bill for the bullet to his family!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Should do it like the Chinese! Bullet in the head immediately and send the bill for the bullet to his family!
    ABSOLUTELY!!! "He wants to die" so grant him his wish.-----NOW.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    he might die of old age before executed
    Which IMHO would be the best course of punishment in this life, that US laws will allow, for him.
    A clinical judicial system killing is quick, neat, bloodless most importantly near painless for the punished.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Please ship him to me! I have been looking for some sort of moving object i can target practice on.This pathetic excuse for a human being would work well for .500 magnum target shooting.

VIP Member
    I agree somewhat that death isn't a punishment for this guy, however, it's much better than having tax payer dollars keeping him in prison for the rest of his life. That goes for everyone on death row, let's clean them all out. It would help with some of the over crowding in our country's prisons as well.
    We could test several different varieties of those "controversial" hollow points on some "human" flesh. Think of the performance and ballistics test we could get done.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

A lifetime of solitary confinement can be pretty punishing too...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    A lifetime of solitary confinement can be pretty punishing too...
    True, but send his relatives the bill. We shouldn't have to pay it!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Release him in the Towne Square at midnight.

Buh bye.

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Which IMHO would be the best course of punishment in this life, that US laws will allow, for him.
    A clinical judicial system killing is quick, neat, bloodless most importantly near painless for the punished.

- Janq
    I respectfully disagree sir.
    For me, the issue is not what is worst for him. (It's not about him any longer.)

The issue is what's best for us, the rest of society. If a prompt extermination of this vermin's life would act as a deterrent, a cause for hesitation in another perpetrator of such heinous acts then use him up fast!

If ending this rabid life would even incrementally reduce the tax burden of already overburdened law abiding citizens, then snuff him.

If the suffering and anguish of the husband & father of these murdered victims is relieved in the slightest by knowing the doer of those evil deeds no longer lives-while his beloved do not-then afford him that relief . . .he deserves it!

How much tolerance is enough?? I believe it is our habitual inaction of insanely tolerating the intolerable that demonstrates to criminals they are safe to do as they please without serious consequence.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    This pathetic excuse for a human being would work well for .500 magnum target shooting.
    Once!
    I do everything the voices in my wife's head tell me to do!

Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try!

Quote Originally Posted by Once Bitten View Post
    Once!
    No no no,i start with the arms.Then go for the legs,then the area just under the waistline,the ears,then the headshot.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I respectfully disagree sir.
    For me, the issue is not what is worst for him. (It's not about him any longer.)

The issue is what's best for us, the rest of society. If a prompt extermination of this vermin's life would act as a deterrent, a cause for hesitation in another perpetrator of such heinous acts then use him up fast!

If ending this rabid life would even incrementally reduce the tax burden of already overburdened law abiding citizens, then snuff him.

If the suffering and anguish of the husband & father of these murdered victims is relieved in the slightest by knowing the doer of those evil deeds no longer lives-while his beloved do not-then afford him that relief . . .he deserves it!

How much tolerance is enough?? I believe it is our habitual inaction of insanely tolerating the intolerable that demonstrates to criminals they are safe to do as they please without serious consequence.
    Well said & couldn't agree more.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

RGC
    Just set him on fire.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links