BAD: How Could Someone Be So Cruel to Animals

This is a discussion on BAD: How Could Someone Be So Cruel to Animals within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How could someone do something like this. There are other options. http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/head...111225684.html...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD: How Could Someone Be So Cruel to Animals

BAD: How Could Someone Be So Cruel to Animals

How could someone do something like this. There are other options.
    http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/head...111225684.html
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

That's a sad story. I did not notice what breed that the dogs were. My orginal thought was someones hunting dogs that became victims of the bad economy. Toward the end of the article it said "they should have had them euthanized". Maybe thats what happened. Maybe the owner euthanized them. I am an animial lover. But I would not automatically assume that this was an act of cruelity. Many people do not want to turn animals that they can no longer care for over to the pound for fear that they will become pit bull fodder.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

well, for one, there's some crucial information missing from the article and it is replaced with assumptions. How do we know it was cruel? The article does not mention the method of killing, only that 19 were dead and buried.

Neighbors Steve Bun and Don Drew could barely stand to be at the scene. A terrible smell filled the air.
    "They should've had them euthanized," Drew said. "That would've been the proper thing to do, or either give them up for adoption."
    What a genius idea...
    Clearly our rocket scientist neighbor never read the dictionary:
    Definition of EUTHANASIA
    : the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy
    Without professional examination how exactly does our genius neighbor know whether or not the process was painful, cruel, or otherwise?
    Gotta love the sensationalizing media...
    Assumptions...the mother of all f...well you know...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Many people do not want to turn animals that they can no longer care for over to the pound for fear that
    Lots of dog "shelters" are far from the nice places we would like them to be. Most of the dogs voluntarily turned in will be killed before the day is over; and sometimes there is a prohibitively high fee per animal turned over. I think it runs around 35 dollars each here.

I second what Packinova had to say.

Reality is becoming more elusive to many as the difference between animals and human beings is being misconstrued. The fact that today more people act like animals and more animals are treated as people does nothing to clarify the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Reality is becoming more elusive to many as the difference between animals and human beings is being misconstrued. The fact that today more people act like animals and more animals are treated as people does nothing to clarify the matter.
    Good answer.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    We see nothing indicating that the dogs suffered. We know nothing of the condition of the dogs before they were shot. I see nothing to get upset about, give me facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Lots of dog "shelters" are far from the nice places we would like them to be. Most of the dogs voluntarily turned in will be killed before the day is over; and sometimes there is a prohibitively high fee per animal turned over. I think it runs around 35 dollars each here.

I second what Packinova had to say.
    As to the cost...well more than that around here... Pushing close to $90 per animal.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

A law they enacted here, you cannot "dispose" of your own dog without a Vet signing off on it first as justified.

They say "shot", so I'm assuming bullet holes in the skulls as evidence of that. A shame someone didn't just find them homes.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Arkansas has passed laws within the last two years to mitigate these sort of tragedies ('bout time). Good IMO...but I think of how they are going to enforce those laws, and what sort burden they will place on existing authorities with other priorities.

I have never done anything like this on a mass scale but I have shot animals to put them out of their misery. Sometimes a friend will ask you to do it for them and will return the favor if needed in the future for your animal. Many people believe this is horrible and choose to release their unwanted pets near a rural house. They do not realize that in most cases these animals die a horrible death or if lucky die quickly at the hands of the farmer whose livestock the "pet" is running.

Michael

A law they enacted here, you cannot "dispose" of your own dog without a Vet signing off on it first as justified.
    I would think that one effect of this law would be the live dumping of pets to fend for themselves.

Michael

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

52-year-old Charles Strother faces 20 counts of Illegal D
    so would that be illegal dumping??

Even if they can't get the facts straight, you'd think they could at least finish the sentence...
    Wonder how they found out who done it? There was not much evidence in the first article.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    so would that be illegal dumping??

Even if they can't get the facts straight, you'd think they could at least finish the sentence...
    Wonder how they found out who done it? There was not much evidence in the first article.
    Don't know if you have facebook, or if you would be able to pull this page up if you don't have it... but it's called "The Jail Report" it covers that regional area, and is on facebook. Here is a link to the page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...7548158&ref=nf
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links