Beware of the Animals in New Orleans,La.

Beware of the Animals in New Orleans,La.

This is a discussion on Beware of the Animals in New Orleans,La. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Use extreme caution if you do visit. I was shot there back on July 26, 2008 over 10 dollars... http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ed_in_sla.html...

Thread: Beware of the Animals in New Orleans,La.

Angry Beware of the Animals in New Orleans,La.

Use extreme caution if you do visit.

I was shot there back on July 26, 2008 over 10 dollars...

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ed_in_sla.html

A mother/son team of dirtbags, now they can rot together.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hmmm. I don't know which destination I'd visit last, Islamabad or Nawlins. I think they're neck and neck for the honor. Add Philly, Baltimore, Detroit, San Francisco to that list too. Hell, there are entire states into which I won't set foot.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

I had to do a double take on the ages of the two.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Moving past the mom being an _accessory_ by helping (aiding and abetting) hide her son (this happens all the time!) and paying no mind that she bore her son at age 17 which also is not at all unusual and hasn't been for centuries....

Take note of the reports final sentence and the lesson there in...

Wheeler was killed at the intersection of Canal and Dauphine streets around 3:30 a.m. as he was on his way to celebrate Thanksgiving.

He was shot to death after he got out of his car to confront one of the suspects, police said.
    This is not an issue specific to being in NoLa. Such contact and results do regularly occur _everywhere_ in the US, and world too.
    What is significant is not the location but rather the time of day/night (!) AND the specific action choice that the victim himself in his own mind decided to select.
    He got himself killed for not staying his behind in his vehicle and driving himself away....To at distance dial 911.

Knowing nothing more about the situation than what is shown here, I would not be surprised to hear that the shooter claims not guilty by manner of self defense (!)...And would attempt to show that he himself was in fear of his life for that of dude exiting his car at such time frame...No doubt not asking directions or wishing to to talk to him/them about the gifts of God identifying himself as being a Jehovah Witness.

It's been said a hundred times here, and shown as a resulting lesson by proxy.
    Stay in your vehicle and drive it off...And don't be out among hyena during prime hunt & play hours and not expect to get bit.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The Mardi Parade season is right around the corner. To those of you who wish to be there to catch some beads and dabloons be careful and that's a word to the wise.

Be safe brothers/sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Moving past the mom being an _accessory_ by helping (aiding and abetting) hide her son (this happens all the time!) and paying no mind that she bore her son at age 17 which also is not at all unusual and hasn't been for centuries....

This is not an issue specific to being in NoLa. Such contact and results do regularly occur _everywhere_ in the US, and world too.
    What is significant is not the location but rather the time of day/night (!) AND the specific action choice that the victim himself in his own mind decided to select.
    He got himself killed for not staying his behind in his vehicle and driving himself away....To at distance dial 911.

Knowing nothing more about the situation than what is shown here, I would not be surprised to hear that the shooter claims not guilty by manner of self defense (!)...And would attempt to show that he himself was in fear of his life for that of dude exiting his car at such time frame...No doubt not asking directions or wishing to to talk to him/them about the gifts of God identifying himself as being a Jehovah Witness.

Stay in your vehicle and drive it off...And don't be out among hyena during prime hunt & play hours and not expect to get bit.

- Janq
    Agreed.

VIP Member
    I believe that every city has its bad places and bad citizens. My wife and I go to New Orleans a lot, and have been going for years. We don't wander off in desolate or questionable areas of the city, we aren't out late, we don't become intoxicated.......... so far we've never had any serious problem.

Of course there are no guarantees we won't ever have a serious problem; after going there regularly for 30+ years we've been either lucky, wise, or both.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

As of yesterday all six suspects have been caught..

Now let's see if the court system does function correctly.

Ppkheat I would say you & your wife were blessed.
    Last edited by jabbo; December 9th, 2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: forget 2 letters.

Thumbs up

- Janq
    + 1 Excellent advice !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Last year I was in N.O. on a business trip. The French Quarter looked safe as long as you got out before midnight. What shocked me was how close the "bad" neighborhoods are to the quarter. I'll bet if you drove 1/2 mile from the Superdome you'd still find trash from Katrina piled up in yards and FEMA trailers in the yards. (I made the mistake of driving while following the GPS for a liquor store. Yikes!) Those folks are not going to lift a finger to clean up the place. What is sad is that I enjoy talking to the working people from the city and the strength they have. Even the street musicians and the homeless have character.
    The biggest enemy of New Orleans is New Orleans.

VIP Member

Stay in your vehicle and drive it off...And don't be out among hyena during prime hunt & play hours and not expect to get bit.- Janq

^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1

Do all you can to insure that they cannot make you an easy target.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sponsored Links