BAD: 12 Year old girl missing Amber Alert

This is a discussion on BAD: 12 Year old girl missing Amber Alert within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Her mother was found dead. Girl 12 years old missing. http://www.wcyb.com/news/26044517/detail.html...

Thread: BAD: 12 Year old girl missing Amber Alert

BAD: 12 Year old girl missing Amber Alert

Her mother was found dead. Girl 12 years old missing.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/26044517/detail.html
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

I doubt he's a friend of the Mother's anymore, or to the little girl for that matter.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Watched an account of this one on TV last evening. Some time ago a friend told the mother of inappropriate behavior between the 12 year old and the mothers boyfriend. For the life of me i cannot understand why otherwise savvy women put their daughters at risk by having scummy boyfriends.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    That girl looks a lot older than 12. I ran into a 13 year old the other day that looked 20. Glad I don't have daughters. There will be enough trouble educating my sons to keep their hands in their pockets.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Not good I hope they find the girl safely and get rid of the guy.

The girl and her abductor were spotted in a San Francisco grocery store late yesterday. A clerk called the SF police and the perp was arrested.

VIP Member
    http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/270474

Missing Brittany Smith coming home; Jeffrey Easley arrested in San Francisco

Roanoke County's police chief said a San Francisco store clerk recognized Brittany Smith and Jeffrey Easley.

A hunt for missing Roanoke County 12-year-old Brittany Smith and her accused abductor ended Friday when a San Francisco store clerk recognized them from a wanted poster and called the police, who found them near a tent.

Brittany wasn't physically hurt, said Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder. Her slain mother's live-in boyfriend, Jeffrey Easley, 32, was nabbed without a fight and charged on a Roanoke County arrest warrant with abduction. Roanoke County authorities will swiftly move to extradite him to Virginia, Lavinder said.
    Next questions: What, if any, role did the 12 year-old have in her mother's murder? When was her mother killed? When did the two actual leave the area? Did she go "willingly" (albeit not of legal age to make that decision)? etc? etc?

This case is far from solved.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Glad they caught him. She appeared to be going along with him in the Walmart shopping video. She could have easily ran, yelled for help, etc. I mean he already killed her mother, what did she have to lose by trying to get away? Just seems to me she wasn't too resistant about going along with him.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Very hard to categorize "willing" or "unwilling" when it comes to 12 year olds. Easily manipulated, easily scared and coerced. I truly hope she had no active part in her mom's death, that could be a difficult scenario for LE to sort out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    Very hard to categorize "willing" or "unwilling" when it comes to 12 year olds. Easily manipulated, easily scared and coerced. I truly hope she had no active part in her mom's death, that could be a difficult scenario for LE to sort out.

Even if LE sorts it out, the courts will have a problem resolving it.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Well I hope that's not the case, could be she was just scared to do anything or act so as to draw attention to them out of fear that he may do something crazy to hurt her or someone else.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member

UPDATE -- There was a10-minute news conference this afternoon.

Not much new.

They were panhandling outside the Safeway.

Missing Neon found in a parking lot beside the San Francisco airport.

http://tinyurl.com/268jrjq
    SNIP
    Easley, charged with abduction, is a suspect in Tina Smith's homicide, Lavinder said during a news conference Saturday.

Investigators have not released any other details about the nature of the relationship between Easley and the 12-year-old.
    SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

A Tad more tantalizing info

http://tinyurl.com/239xe2t

Garden City man 'could have assisted' in Tina Smith slaying, warrant says

By Amanda Codispoti | The Roanoke Times

A man who police say bought Jeffrey Easley's red SUV just before Easley departed Roanoke County with 12-year-old Brittany Smith "could have assisted" in the slaying of Brittany's mom, Roanoke police said today in a search warrant affidavit.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links