BAD:Man robs customers at local bank

This is a discussion on BAD:Man robs customers at local bank within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (WSVN) -- Surveillance video captured a man robbing two customers while they withdrew money at a local ATM. The robberies happened at the ...

Thread: BAD:Man robs customers at local bank

BAD:Man robs customers at local bank

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (WSVN) -- Surveillance video captured a man robbing two customers while they withdrew money at a local ATM.

The robberies happened at the ATM drive-thru at the Bank of America on State Road 7 and Washington Street, on Nov. 18 and 26. Authorities said the suspect crept up on the two separate victims with a gun as they entered their PIN numbers to withdraw money from the ATM for themselves.

According to officials, both robberies occurred at night. In both cases, the crook allegedly told the victims to drive off after he stole their money.

In the Nov. 26 robbery, authorities said the suspect fired his gun at the victims as they drove away from the ATM. The victims were not harmed. "In the second robbery, when the people looked back at him-- the victim looked back at him-- they saw him wave the gun at them and fire it," said Hollywood Police Lieutenant Scott Pardon, "so we're obviously concerned that the violence could potentially escalate as this person goes on"

One resident said he tries to avoid using ATMs after hours. "I try not to do it. I try to avoid it at night," he said.

One woman who is not a South Florida resident said she could not imagine an armed robbery occurring at a drive-thru ATM. "I'm not from here, so no, I couldn't think of that," she said.

Police said the robber should be considered armed and dangerous.

If you have any information on these robberies, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21002943819646/

2. Remove Ads

What do people who use ATM's at night think might happen? Be approached, perhaps, by Publisher's House Sweepstakes crews?
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 8th, 2010 at 06:27 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Suspect's description?

Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    One resident said he tries to avoid using ATMs after hours. "I try not to do it. I try to avoid it at night," he said.
    Alright, there's a little 'un'common sense

Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    One woman who is not a South Florida resident said she could not imagine an armed robbery occurring at a drive-thru ATM. "I'm not from here, so no, I couldn't think of that," she said.
    Here's our 'next' victim displaying a little of todays 'commom' sense.

Somewhere on this fourm, posted by one of our 'forward' thinking members, I read that NOTHING good happens after midnight...... At a ATM, drive thru or otherwise, after dark isn't all that 'smart' a place to be either. That's just me.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

One day I hope a victim fires back...and doesn't miss
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Ex Member
    ATM's? Night? Don't see a problem.

I can't recall the last time I used an ATM (period).

Distinguished Member
    That's one thing I love about my bank in my town. It's next door to the local PD and across the street from dispatch.

When seconds count, police are standing right next to me...

I still avoid it late at night, and am armed and have my head on a swivel regardless, but the nearby backup is always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What do people who use ATM's at night think might happen? Be approached, perhaps, by Publisher's House Sweepstakes crews?
    I wonder. If you folks that seem to say that anyone using an ATM after dark is asking for it. Are you saying that someone using the ATM while armed and watching out for possible danger be looking for trouble and therefore not able to claim self-defense if it came to that?

Michael

Links