BAD: Home Invasion

This is a discussion on BAD: Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just hate when they don't give you any details.. Seems like the news stations anymore catch a whiff in the wind of a story ...

Thread: BAD: Home Invasion

I just hate when they don't give you any details.. Seems like the news stations anymore catch a whiff in the wind of a story and just to be able to be the first to report it, they will report what they heard, without even trying to get any facts or details.

Lots of empty holes left here. I hate that. Hope the home owners were armed.

http://www2.wagt.com/news/2010/dec/0...ed-ar-1178622/
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Family must not have been armed, no bodies for the LEO's when they arrived.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hardly any details. I have no remorse for someone invading someones home while occupied.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    Hardly any details. I have no remorse for someone invading someones home while occupied.

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No doubt!!!!!!!!!!

Must be an ink shortage going on around that area.

Same thing happened to my sister & family.

@2:30 in the morning New Baltimore Mi.

Thugs are in the 3 car att. garage,(she and family can't recall if they closed it the night before), (neighbor recalled seeing it open at 1:45 ish.).
    Thugs go into the house, and get, one of my nephews cell phones, and my sisters purse, which was 20 feet into the house.
    Dog goes off like an A bomb, thugs go out same door they came in, brother in law is almost behind dog, with .38, but with no luck.

Local police show up, take report, and say stay safe.
    Sisters neighbor is a DPD Detective, and says they goofed on investigative report.

Door latch was broke,They must have freaked when dog got wind of them,(must not have figured they had a dog, Electric buried fence and all)

( they were moving very fast) and did not bother to use door latch, they just pushed on glass with their hands and boogied.

Local PD came back out as there were very evident hand/fingerprints on glass.

Lesson.

Dogs are invaluable
    Guns are even more priceless.
    Do not leave door to house unlocked. They claim it [the lock} was useless so they didn't use it.

Do not leave keys in vehicle in said garage. Yes they either were preyed on by stupid thugs who didn't check, or they were going to drive it as their getaway car but were spooked by the dog.

Be safe, use you head for more than a hat rack
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Nothing worth commenting on. Really nothing more than a headline in that story.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I always look out my front window and look around before going to bed. My neighbor has left his garage door open many times. There is no enterance from the garage into the home but plenty of nice tools sitting on the shelf. I will get redressed and walk over to close it. I know he has no firearms in the house and you would have to be really listening to hear the garage door motor closing the door.

Why wouldn't the neighbor go close the garage door at 1:45? What ever happened to neighbor keeping an eye out for each other?

Sponsored Links