Blocked into parking space and robbed with long gun - Page 2

Blocked into parking space and robbed with long gun

This is a discussion on Blocked into parking space and robbed with long gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by GunGeezer Some people need to be acquainted with the fine points of demolition derby driving. The most successful ones use the rear ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blocked into parking space and robbed with long gun

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Some people need to be acquainted with the fine points of demolition derby driving. The most successful ones use the rear of their vehicles as a battering ram. Especially with front-wheel drive vehicles, there is little that can be damaged that will prevent the car from being driven away. If someone blocked me in and got out of their car with a long-gun, or any gun, for that matter, they would be picking pieces of tail light lens from their teeth.
    Very true. However, assuming a normal parking space where you are "head in" parked against another vehicle in front of you and the BG's vehicle blocked you in by pulling up directly behind you, and are approaching by walking up along side your car on the drivers side with a long gun, they have a clear shot at you through your car door and or door window as you are trying to ram their vehicle out of the way.

That's the deal, it really depends on where the BG is in proximity to you when you notice they are armed and figure out it's a robbery attempt as to what the best course of action is going to be. I'm not gonna try and "demolition derby" my way out of there if they are already out of their vehicle and can fill my car window with 6 rounds of 12 ga. or 10-20 carbine rounds as I'm moving past them trying to push their car out of the way.

If they were still inside their vehicle when I noticed the armed people, I think that is a viable option, if not the best option. But in this scenario, they have you blocked in and have already exited their car with the long gun. I'm assuming they are somewhere on the side of your car and not standing directly behind your rear bumper. In this case I would rather open up on them from inside my car, before they can level that long gun at me, or if possible, exit my car to engage where I can move about more.

Again, the bottom line is it all depends on where the BG's are standing when you become aware they have a gun and are robbing you.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    My wife and I went to this Target location today.The problem with this location is the neighborhood behind the store.Crime ridden area.It is not wise to go to this store at night.

Back-in parking (fancy parking) helps in cases like this, but of course, such parking isn't possible in "slanted" or one-way lots. Well, it is, but it is silly because when you pull out, you'll be driving the wrong way. Anyway, an unfortunate situation.

Some people need to be acquainted with the fine points of demolition derby driving. The most successful ones use the rear of their vehicles as a battering ram. Especially with front-wheel drive vehicles, there is little that can be damaged that will prevent the car from being driven away. If someone blocked me in and got out of their car with a long-gun, or any gun, for that matter, they would be picking pieces of tail light lens from their teeth.
    My Jeep with 33" tires would probably do a number on most sedans.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

B-I-N-G-O!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

If uarmed : as BG walks between truck and car, reverse... step on it..... problem resolved.

Armed, swing door open.... fire away at anyone approaching with a gun and threatening you.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I agree, and I think it would be totally dependent on at what point which you noticed them approaching with the rifle/shotgun.

If given enough opportunity, I would prefer to exit the vehicle and engage outside where I can move about and seek cover elsewhere. Outside, I can duck, crouch, duckwalk, crawl, run and perform other evasive movements in an attempt to gain a superior advantage or position. Inside the car, you're basically trapped.

I would engage from inside, if need be, or if they were already on top of me when I noticed their weapon, but I would prefer to engage against a long arm from outside. That is assuming my vehicle is indeed trapped and I can't ram my way through the barricade.

^^^^I'm In ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bark'ns camp on this one!!!!!

These idiots were pretty foolhardy, assuming the parking lots are extremely crowded this time of year, that they themselves were not blocked in.

If a cat always lands on its feet, and buttered bread always lands butter side down, what would happen if you tied buttered bread on top of a cat?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links