Blocked into parking space and robbed with long gun

This is a discussion on Blocked into parking space and robbed with long gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.kfdm.com/news/suspects-40553-black-car.html Two women told police they were getting into their car to leave Target in Beaumont shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday. The women said the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocked into parking space and robbed with long gun

http://www.kfdm.com/news/suspects-40553-black-car.html

Two women told police they were getting into their car to leave Target in Beaumont shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday. The women said the driver of a small, dark blue four-door car stopped behind them and blocked them from backing out. Two women got out of the car and one was carrying a long gun. They demanded money and drove away behind the store toward Concord.

Never, Never get out of your car. Just lay on the horn to draw attention if you are not armed.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Tis the season..Be extra careful.

It was not the victims, but the susps that got out of their vehicle.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Hmmm... Sounds like a good reason to carry a defensive sidearm everywhere you go.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The attackers/threats are two women, and they themself got out of their own car as blocking the victim...And one of the two was wielding a "longgun".

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Well hell carry a gun and shoot thru the window. Bang! No more problem. Just kidding.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

That was probably an "assault" weapon. We should have a law...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Begs the question as to, if the minimal/medium cover of being in an immobile vehicle (in general, but especially against a long gun .22 or larger) is better than the mobility of being outside of the vehicle.

Angry

My Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab would be able to "move" the small car that pulled in to block me but then stuff like that really does not happen that often to guys and gals who drive big trucks with "Don't Tread On Me" stickers on the back window. That said I am sure that the victims were singled out by the suspects because they were women and a soft target. As Glockman 10mm said "tis the season, be extra careful".
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    My Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab would be able to "move" the small car that pulled in to block me but then stuff like that really does not happen that often to guys and gals who drive big trucks with "Don't Tread On Me" stickers on the back window.
    That was my sentiment also. Wether you are "armed" or not, any vehichle can be a great weapon. This is part of the reason I always try to park where I can pull straight out, or over a curb or something if you need to.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Hmmm... Sounds like a good reason to carry a defensive sidearm everywhere you go.
    Agreed. Wow can't believe the tactics. I guess it is the season..lol. I would have thought about ramming there vehicle as well if I were in our Tahoe. Be extra safe out there everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Begs the question as to, if the minimal/medium cover of being in an immobile vehicle (in general, but especially against a long gun .22 or larger) is better than the mobility of being outside of the vehicle.
    I agree, and I think it would be totally dependent on at what point which you noticed them approaching with the rifle/shotgun.

If given enough opportunity, I would prefer to exit the vehicle and engage outside where I can move about and seek cover elsewhere. Outside, I can duck, crouch, duckwalk, crawl, run and perform other evasive movements in an attempt to gain a superior advantage or position. Inside the car, you're basically trapped.

I would engage from inside, if need be, or if they were already on top of me when I noticed their weapon, but I would prefer to engage against a long arm from outside. That is assuming my vehicle is indeed trapped and I can't ram my way through the barricade.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Some people need to be acquainted with the fine points of demolition derby driving. The most successful ones use the rear of their vehicles as a battering ram. Especially with front-wheel drive vehicles, there is little that can be damaged that will prevent the car from being driven away. If someone blocked me in and got out of their car with a long-gun, or any gun, for that matter, they would be picking pieces of tail light lens from their teeth.

That would work in some circumstances, but not others.
    If you are parked in the typical parking lot with and an aisle with parking on both side of the aisle, there's a problem. If there is a car parked in front of you and cars parked in the spaces to your rear across the aisle and the susp vehicle sotps behind your vehicle, you will not be able to push that vehicle far enough to allow you to get your vehicle out of your parking space.
    In addition trying to hit someone with your vehicle as they are approaching on the side of it is not going to be that easy with no room to maneuver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links