Report: Virginia Tech too slow to spread word about shooter

This is a discussion on Report: Virginia Tech too slow to spread word about shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/10/....html?hpt=Sbin Virginia Tech violated federal campus security law when it waited too long to inform students about a shooter on the loose during a 2007 ...

Thread: Report: Virginia Tech too slow to spread word about shooter

Report: Virginia Tech too slow to spread word about shooter

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/10/....html?hpt=Sbin

Virginia Tech violated federal campus security law when it waited too long to inform students about a shooter on the loose during a 2007 rampage that killed 32 people, the U.S. Department of Education says in a new report.

The report, released Thursday, says the school did not notify students in a "timely manner" -- as dictated by the Clery Act -- of a dorm-room shooting that left two people dead on the morning of April 16, 2007.

The same shooter, identified as 23-year-old Cho Seung-Hui, went to the university's Norris Hall more than two hours later and killed 30 more people before turning the gun on himself.
    This next quote makes me angry. They will not do the one thing that would be the most effective...allow CC on campus. I'd like to know what "changes" they are talking about. My guess is diddly.

"While Virginia Tech failed to adequately warn students that day, we recognize that the university has put far-reaching changes in place since that time to help improve campus safety and better protect its students and community."
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

2. Remove Ads

"ar-reaching"..... first class requirements should be an NRA course and getting their CCL.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The report, released Thursday, says the school did not notify students in a "timely manner" -- as dictated by the Clery Act -- of a dorm-room shooting that left two people dead on the morning of April 16, 2007.
    Umm....DUH!?

So, should we wait and see if the University does better next time? or should they allow adults to legally conceal carry on college campuses?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

It'd be a LOT quicker to just hand out Glocks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links