Gunman dead after opening fire at Florida school meeting (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Gunman dead after opening fire at Florida school meeting (MERGED) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You won't hear too much about THIS ONE on the national news BECAUSE the shooter was a radical FAR LEFT LIB nutjob & NOT a ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Gunman dead after opening fire at Florida school meeting (MERGED)

Administrator
    You won't hear too much about THIS ONE on the national news BECAUSE the shooter was a radical FAR LEFT LIB nutjob & NOT a Right Wing "Gun Nut" nutjob.
    That's the reason why he couldn't shoot.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I would reject much of this. According to the news in addition to the mag in the weapon he had an additional full mag and additional rounds on him. Watching the video(s) it was clear to me that he intentionally shifted his aim to the right when he first shot so as to avoid hitting the person he was pointed at. He did not shoot the woman after her action against him. In spite of the heroics of the woman and the belated intervention of the security guard, the primary thing that resulted in the lack of deaths was the perp himself.
    After watching it a few more times did see where He shifts his aim to split the two members, another view on the news today shows where He was returning fire on the security guard until He brings the gun to his head where they stopped the video just before killing himself. Statement from the BG's family stated He was familiar with firearms and was a very good shot. More information still coming in along with the security guards statements.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

***...Where was 'SECURITY' and what the hell was he/they doing and thinking in this time?!
    As well where was the police response?!

The answer to those two questions will depend on several of things.
    First, how far into the six minutes and ten seconds did each of those two entities (guard & police) become aware (notification or cognizance) of the incident.
    Second, did the guard have any specific duties re location during the meeting and what was his response time after notification/cognizance.
    Three, what was the police response time after notification and did they employ an immediate entry active shooter response.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Administrator
    On his web page were all sorts of his favorite links (all radical left sites) & one of them was MEDIA MATTERS which is funded by George Soros.
    So I don't think too big of a deal is going to be made over this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    ***...Where was 'SECURITY' and what the hell was he/they doing and thinking in this time?!
    As well where was the police response?!

The answer to those two questions will depend on several of things.
    First, how far into the six minutes and ten seconds did each of those two entities (guard & police) become aware (notification or cognizance) of the incident.
    Second, did the guard have any specific duties re location during the meeting and what was his response time after notification/cognizance.
    Three, what was the police response time after notification and did they employ an immediate entry active shooter response.
    Security guard said He was there five minutes and on the forth floor when He got the news that there was a gunman in the boardroom. He went to the room and stuck his head in to see if it was a real gun and then went to his vehicle to get a vest and more rounds. Didn't get into response times or (notification or cognizance)
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Thanks. I got the ammo/vest trip to the car from the thread on the guard.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

he was a former police detective.....

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    Security guard said He was there five minutes and on the forth floor when He got the news that there was a gunman in the boardroom. He went to the room and stuck his head in to see if it was a real gun and then went to his vehicle to get a vest and more rounds. Didn't get into response times or (notification or cognizance)
    Yep.

The security person can be heard asking "Is that a real gun" early in.

As to him _leaving_ to then go to his _vehicle_ (!) to get a vest and more ammo...I'd not heard that before just now, and that makes this even THAT MUCH MORE ridiculous!

Oh that's a real gun so hold on a minute, keep him busy and talking, while I go run to my car (huh?!) to get the vest that I should have been wearing period as per my hired position, and to get the ammunition to make my gun work that I otherwise should be carrying on my person and have more of in my _office_ as per my hired position...Never mind that there is a real and imminent threat ongoing right now here.

What the heck kind of policys and procedures do they have and who wrote/advised them on as much?!
    Also for having been as reported by another here to be a 'retired police', what the heck kind of agency did he work with prior and retire from?!

Seriously can this case possibly get any more ridiculous and flat out stupid?!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

School Board Chief of Security and former detective Mike Jones

That's as bad as Barney Fife having only one bullet and having to ask Andy if he can load up with a full cylinder! I remember once when on a manhunt, and Barney's chest just swelled up and his face beamed when Andy finally let him load his revolver to capacity.

I know when I lived in Kansas City area the "School Resource" officers were full time active duty police or deputies who had that assignment to a school. They wore full and complete uniform because they were regular street cops who were just assigned as school resource officers. No going to car to get vest and ammo in the middle of a shootout.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The media is portraying him as a hero.... I suppose only because the perp couldn't shoot

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/M...111968099.html

I used to wonder how just a few German soldiers could convince thousands of Jews to stand in line waiting to be executed. Watching this video of the gentlemen just waiting for their turn after the first shot was fired helps explain how the Germans did it. It still does not explain to me why those in line did not take action.

Michael

The media is portraying him as a hero....
    People throw that hero label around a lot now days. It means nothing anymore.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    The media is portraying him as a hero.... I suppose only because the perp couldn't shoot
    ...And because the media at large and the general non-shooting and/or gun owning but untrained non-professional mindset folks quite simply just do not know any better.

As well thoughts of golly gee look he seems like a nice guy, ala Santa Claus or Kenny Rogers, so he did the best he could under the circumstances and besides the BG is the villain here.

Meanwhile professionals most everywhere will be looking at this as being an abject failure, that only ended in one person left bleeding (the threat) simply because he didn't actively choose to harm anyone but himself.
    In my book they call that 'dumb luck', not a blessing from God as Security Director Mike Jones has explained it to the press. : \

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The city either has to admit that the security guard was inept leaving themselves open to even more questions or they can call him a hero and hope no one notices what went wrong.

Michael

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links