Good: Garage owner DATD, got the BG.

This is a discussion on Good: Garage owner DATD, got the BG. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story story It was the third shooting in the county in less than a week in which an intended victim killed his aggressor. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good: Garage owner DATD, got the BG.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette storystory

It was the third shooting in the county in less than a week in which an intended victim killed his aggressor.

Apparently the BG's havent figured out victim selection very well in this area
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Wow, be safe tis the season.

Scumbags seem to be everywhere these days. Things are getting worse.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Taken from article;

"He had the victims' possessions on his body when we found him," including the delivery man's wallet, county police Assistant Superintendent James Morton said. The district attorney's office will determine whether the shop owner, Bill Miller, was justified in shooting the man, who police said had come to rob the business.

^^^^^Looks like an open and shut case to me.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If someone was shot, and had the wallet of the person who shot him, seems like kindergardner could piece it together.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10351...#ixzz18QDaShtj
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

...The district attorney's office will determine whether the shop owner, Bill Miller, was justified in shooting the man, who police said had come to rob the business...

The man threatened them, shocked them with a stun gun and ordered them to their knees, where he held them at gunpoint, police said.

What to figure out? A repeat offender was converted to dead offender...no problem here that I see.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    ...A repeat offender was converted to dead offender!

Grade: A+
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    ...The district attorney's office will determine whether the shop owner, Bill Miller, was justified in shooting the man, who police said had come to rob the business...

The man threatened them, shocked them with a stun gun and ordered them to their knees, where he held them at gunpoint, police said.

What to figure out? A repeat offender was converted to dead offender...no problem here that I see.

Welllll . . . if the robbery victim waited [on his knees] until the robber turned away from him to leave, and then shot him, there may be some 'figuring' to do because technically the "threat" to robbery victim may have already ended. [as in was no longer imminent] might not then be "justifiable".

EDIT: added quote from newspaper article
    Detectives, he said, were still trying to learn "everyone's position in the garage."
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Welllll . . . if the robbery victim waited [on his knees] until the robber turned away from him to leave, and then shot him, there may be some 'figuring' to do because technically the "threat" to robbery victim may have already ended. [as in was no longer imminent] might not then be "justifiable".

EDIT: added quote from newspaper article
    What would stop the BG from turning around and killing them all before he went through the door to eliminate any witnesses? Does the BG have to have is gun pointed directly AT you to still be a threat? Does he have to have already fired a shot at you to actually be a threat? He was still in close proximity after doing everything that was described...seems he would still be a threat. IANAL.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

3D
    BugDude I agree with you in all you said. Believe me . . I am not in support of or defending the BG in any way. At first I reacted as everyone has . . Hooray! Another BG bites the dust! What's to figure out? . . but that last question kept coming back to me. I can easily put myself in Bill Miller's place and may well have done whatever it is that he did [shoot]. Then I wondered about how the people in his jurisdiction might find the shooting "unjustified" - -thus my post above. Why didn't they just dismiss it then and there?
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Bad guy showed up at Bill Miller's Garage and got greased.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Nicole Asplund said she and other employees at Tom's Diner, which abuts the alley, thought they heard a car backfire but "the next thing we knew the police were here. That's why people are shocked -- it's a pretty safe part of town."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10351...#ixzz18b9kOxa0
    Ummm, WAS a pretty safe part of town.

Anytime, anywhere, anyone.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Mr Miller put down a predator! Why is that so hard to condone?
    Who wants their loved one to be his next victim?
    Who was his victim before Mr Miller dealt with him?
    I seriously doubt this was this Predators first offence!

I think the BG got immediate and swift justice.
    His victim was able to identify him without a shadow of a doubt, and dealt with him. Thus saving the City a lot of Legal Expenses.
    I have no love for Predators. They are all animals!
    Here in Texas we hang our four legged Predators carcases on the fence post as a warning.
    Why should we treat this Predator any different than a Cotote?
    Put them down and thin the herd!

If Mr Miller has any sense he will declair the BG threatened them with a furtive move amd verbal threat.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Sounds like a good shoot hope everything works out for the store owner. I wish some laws would be changed so that if a bad guy is leaving your still justified. How can you possibly know he won't shoot when he gets to the door or that he won't come back some other time still seems like a threat to me if I can see the guy and he has already proved he is violent using a stun gun and making threats.

3D

"Everyone just can't believe this," she said. "It's a huge loss for our family."

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10352/1111...#ixzz18u7Mao00

They never can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links