News Report: Store Owners in Houston Are All Arming Themselves! - Link & Video

This is a discussion on News Report: Store Owners in Houston Are All Arming Themselves! - Link & Video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There is more fallout from all of the recent failed armed robberies that have taken place recently in Houston. Here is a link to a ...

Thread: News Report: Store Owners in Houston Are All Arming Themselves! - Link & Video

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

News Report: Store Owners in Houston Are All Arming Themselves! - Link & Video

There is more fallout from all of the recent failed armed robberies that have taken place recently in Houston.

Here is a link to a detailed news report and video from KHOU TV in Houston, about how store owners all across the city are now arming themselves.

I wonder what all of the armed robbers are going to do in light of this development??

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Store...112111064.html

2. Remove Ads

Armed Robbers take note.
    I fully endorse the concept of store personnel defending themselves from these predators.

Biker

I'll join in here...
    Using a firearm to defend one's self is risky, but in a world of dirtbags gone wild, the alternative is much worse.
    Business owners, customers, and just the every day citizen can no longer assume that robbers only want the 'goods', that the police will be there in time, and that cooperating will keep you alive.
    Stay armed...get training and practice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Looks like Houston BGs should seriously consider purchasing a high end life insurance policy.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Live by the gun, die by the gun!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This is just the reaction to an increased level of violent behavior from criminals. They grow bolder with each and every robbery they commit, especially with a firearm. They feel nothing for the vicitms whatsoever because it's all about them anyhow.

It may make a few with some level of crainal activity to choose to curtail their robbery or go to places that prohibit firearms for the law abiding but it won't wipe it out completely.

However, I am all for making robbery a very deadly occupation. If the business owners wish to arm themselves and shoot the armed robbers in the commission of a felony robbery, then go for it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    If I were a shop owner in Chicago, I would be afraid, very afraid!

That's the same thing happening in Atlanta after several high profile violent crimes were followed by three stories of successful self defense shoots last week by carriers that left the outlaws DRT. I suspect that people all over free America are arriving at the same conclusion. I noticed several stories out of Pittsburg, PA last week that dealt with LTCF's that defended themselves, followed by lots of discussion of the merits of an armed citizenry.

VIDEO of one of the incidents that has brought the local discussion to the mainstream. Even people on my neighborhood watch listserv that aren't "gun people" are discussing getting licensed and buying guns. You can tell by the other news stories hosted at the link that Atlanta is a very dangerous place lately, even more so than usual. I'm sure the same can be said for Houston.
    Last edited by Moga; December 20th, 2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added Video
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Here is another follow-up article from the Houston Chronicle about the growing outrage among store owners, and their determination to fight back against these thugs:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/7347027.html

Excellent...make a criminal's line of work more hazardous...and they'll go elsewhere.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Excellent...make a criminal's line of work more hazardous...and they'll go elsewhere.
    Even if they don't crime is going to drop. Years ago I was looking at some FBI statistics about criminals. Something like eighty percent of violent crimes are committed by less than ten percent of the offenders. So each BG that is killed while pursuing his chosen vocation represents dozens of future violent crimes that will not occur. With greater media coverage there is now the possibility that up and coming criminals that are bordering on normal psychologically may do a risk reward analysis and decide to make an honest living. The question then becomes as a population are we killing the bad guys faster than new ones take up the life of crime?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Looks like Houston BGs should seriously consider purchasing a high end life insurance policy.
    Or move to CA

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Excellent! I think that all store owners should arm themselves with a Mossberg 500 Cruiser shotgun. That will quickly put an end to any criminal and deter all future criminals.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Links