Manila Police Tape Over the Muzzles of their Handguns for Christmas Holidays - Page 2

Manila Police Tape Over the Muzzles of their Handguns for Christmas Holidays

This is a discussion on Manila Police Tape Over the Muzzles of their Handguns for Christmas Holidays within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN In order to prevent police officers from indiscriminately firing their handguns in the air to celebrate the festive holiday season, the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    In order to prevent police officers from indiscriminately firing their handguns in the air to celebrate the festive holiday season, the police chief of Manila ordered that the muzzles of all officer handguns should be taped over, in order to prevent their misuse. Such gun fire has been a great public danger in recent years, and officials want to make sure that none of the illegal gunfire comes from policemen.

Thatís pretty good one. Works as a discouragement and hopefully they had special tape made for it to.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I am Filipino but glad not to live there.

Amazing how a "badge" changes the minds of the person wearing it, the world over. One would think mere compunction and honor would keep a person from being so reckless, though it's unsurprising the chief of police has to take extra steps to make the point clear. Sad.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    So, I suppose that the cops will not have a real need to use their guns over the holidays? I would be concerned with the tape not allowing pressure to get out of the barrel and getting a bulging barrel or worse.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

From my folks visiting P.I., you can pretty much pay off a cop, even on a traffic stop. Since cops over there are paid low wages, police corruption is very common there.

Stuff like this makes me learn to appreciate my freedoms as a naturalized American citizen and be proud of it.

Gun laws have changed quite a bit over the years in the Philippines. You can see gun ads in the big city newspapers. Can you imagine Glock or S & W advertising in the New York Times? Gun ads run in mainstream papers there. I have friends that used to travel there to compete. One of the Steel Challenge champions (Jethro Dionisio) and a great many world class shooters are from the Philippines. I would equate Manila to a 1970s New York. Crowded, full of pollution, rampant crime. Since its a third world country, a great many of robberies are committed with knives and toy guns. Everyday citizens do have freedoms there. Norinco, Rock Island Armory (a Filipino brand!), Glock are all top sellers in the Philippines. Guns are definitely not illegal there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links